Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well that is a shame however I did have the pleasure of attending a BT function there with my wife a decade ago, quite an experience in that lift, a lot of air to be move when the lift is in motion and it can only come out under the doors, a fantastic view from the top

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There may be the opportunity to open a viewing platform at the top though - that would make it a popular tourist attraction & many tall structures have such a thing.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
There may be the opportunity to open a viewing platform at the top though - that would make it a popular tourist attraction & many tall structures have such a thing.
The revolving restaurant is the viewing platform, it is quite strange having the kitchens in the centre slowly moving, but in actual fact it is the kitchens that are stationery and the tables and outer platform are moving, I have no idea how the serving staff coped with it

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The revolving restaurant is the viewing platform, it is quite strange having the kitchens in the centre slowly moving, but in actual fact it is the kitchens that are stationery and the tables and outer platform are moving, I have no idea how the serving staff coped with it
They were told to write it out repeatedly until it stuck.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
There's a similar building/restaurant in Atlanta - The Sun Dial. When I went there, there was a jazz band playing in the middle and the diners rotated around them - very cool.

SkyWatcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL65, Azbox Premium HD+, Azbox Mini Me, Techno mate Tm3000 D, Golden V8
My Location
London
Well that is a shame however I did have the pleasure of attending a BT function there with my wife a decade ago, quite an experience in that lift, a lot of air to be move when the lift is in motion and it can only come out under the doors, a fantastic view from the top
Likewise I attended a BT function there with lunch and it is a really great view. This is the only building in London where you have to use the lift in the event of a fire. There is a ‘protected‘ basement area for use if the cold war had turned hot but the senior bloke I met on the day said visits down there were not allowed without prior planning due to health and safety etc. So basically no we couldn’t go down there - “sorry”.