Looking for a new box

dsdavis6

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky, for now
My Location
London, UK
Hi all,

At the moment I am using Sky, pretty happy with the features they offer, just not the price.

For the time being I am looking to use the dish I have, that came with Sky and eventually, adding a motorized dish for one (of two) boxes, whilst the other box would remain on the sky dish.

I would really like it if I could record two channels at once with PVR and watch something else recorded. I am not sure this is realistic though. Internal HDD (Even if required to buy and install seperately).

I would also like to be able to use on demand services, iplayer itv player 4od etc.

Inbuilt wifi would also be a very nice bonus, unless it's particularly unstable to use internet through non cable?

Can anybody recommend any boxes they have used with these features? My budget would be somewhere within the £100- £150 range per box really. Of course I don't want to spend that if not necessary, I notice a lot of the more expensive boxes, do in fact seem to be a few years old.

Any help or even a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
For a Sky replacement Freesat ticks most of your boxes, apart from the pricing point, but you arent going to get a box like what you want for £150

Currenrt box prices can be found on the joinfreesat.co.uk website.