Lost some News Channels

Christo Skelton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat. Broadband via BT Infinity
My Location
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
For the past two days I have been unable to get the following channels on Freesat:

204 euronews
205 France 24
206 RT Today
208 Bloomberg
209 NHK HD
201 CNBC

I can received 207 CNN and 211 CCTV.

I watch NHK HD a lot and they do say that due the Spring and Autumn Equinoxes that the sun can interfere with reception.
Is it possible that this is why I can't receive these channels or is it more likely that the dish has been slightly moved by the wind?

Are these channels broadcasting from the same spectrum?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The Sun effects are transient - a few minutes at a time over a period of a few days. Discount it.

More likely that you have an issue with your kit.

I'm just checking what the common parameters or the differences are that might allow us to home in on a diagnosis.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok, there's no clear issue with Band or Polarisation (which might suggest a duff LN:cool:.

Also, they are all on strong wide-beams, albeit not from the same actual birds, so that doesn't allow us to conclude dish alignmnt might be wrong (though it could be).

So ....................... can you tell us more details of your hardware: ie What Make/Model of Freesat Receiver you have, what size/type dish you have?

Christo Skelton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Tivù said:
Ok, there's no clear issue with Band or Polarisation (which might suggest a duff LN:cool:.

Also, they are all on strong wide-beams, albeit not from the same actual birds, so that doesn't allow us to conclude dish alignmnt might be wrong (though it could be).

So ....................... can you tell us more details of your hardware: ie What Make/Model of Freesat Receiver you have, what size/type dish you have?
I'm using an EchoStar HDS-600RS and a large communal dish for 9 flats above my entrance way.

Christo Skelton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Tivù said:

Now cannot get BBC 1 HD or BBC 2 HD either on 108 and 109 but can get BBC Alba on 110 but can't understand it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Pull the plug out of the wall, wait 30 seconds & plug it in again. Allow the box to reboot then see if the channels have come back.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The Freesat Channel Numbers don't really help - it's the actual frequency, polarisation, band and source Satellite that matter.

ie As per http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

Anyway, I suggest (If a reboot fails to clear the issue) the first thing to do is find a neighbour prepared to let you plug your box into their feed so you can see if the behaviour remains the same or if all is well.

Christo Skelton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Tivù said:
The Freesat Channel Numbers don't really help - it's the actual frequency, polarisation, band and source Satellite that matter.

ie As per http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

Anyway, I suggest (If a reboot fails to clear the issue) the first thing to do is find a neighbour prepared to let you plug your box into their feed so you can see if the behaviour remains the same or if all is well.

The problem has been fixed. The dish had a LNB problem.

Thanks for your suggestions.
<div>
</div>

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Excellent news - thanks for letting us know.