Manhattan Plaza ST350

as1mov

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 500
My Location
Glasgow
Hi Everyone,
I was playing with satellite Tv back when Sky was FREE so I'm getting on a bit and the old grey matter is wearing thin.
Problem: I've had a Manhattan Plaza ST350 for a few years now but haven't used it in about 8yrs so I don't know if it's still a viable project or what.
Can anyone tell me if it is and give some advice as to what I need now to enjoy all that TV.
Along with the receiver, I've got a Dragon Cam with the little SIM card on it and an Infinity USB phoenix compatible card reader/writer, don't know if these are stll viable either.
I'd really appreciate with any help or advice as I've got loads of time on my hands now being a retired Mech Eng and it annoys me to see all this stuff doing nothing, Even have a 90cm Diseqc motorised dish!!!

Many thanks in anicipation.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Dragon CAMs open very little these days. Maybe some C+ NL and Bulsatcom channels in Irdeto.

Plenty to be seen FTA, so get going!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, indeed - get going!

That 90cm Motorised Dish is well worth installing as it will get you an immense amount of interesting stuff from across your visible Arc.

thehumangoing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800se clone w/320gb hdd (DreamboxUK image) + skybox f3 + old dm500s
zone 2 on 28.2e
My Location
Ireland
Your profile says you also have a DM500, maybe I'm alone on this but I think you'd be better off using that with your motorised dish? Although I've heard they can be a bit fussy about turning a dish...

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The Manhattan will cope with an H-H Motor, but the DM500 may well not. The latter could be more trouble than it's worth.

thehumangoing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 2 on 28.2e
My Location
Ireland
Tivù said:
The Manhattan will cope with an H-H Motor, but the DM500 may well not. The latter could be more trouble than it's worth.
That being said, I had a Manhattan Plaza box (not sure which model) and every time you pressed the off button on the remote you had to rescan and do channel lists again.. Maybe I was just unlucky though.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
thehumangoing said:
That being said, I had a Manhattan Plaza box (not sure which model) and every time you pressed the off button on the remote you had to rescan and do channel lists again.. Maybe I was just unlucky though.
Think you may have been. My first 'proper' box was a Manhattan Plaza XT - F, it did sterling service until I graduated onto a HD box. Last week I dug it out of the cupboard to lend to a friend, checked it over and it's working and driving a motor flawlessly.

thehumangoing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 2 on 28.2e
My Location
Ireland
sonnetpete said:
Think you may have been. My first 'proper' box was a Manhattan Plaza XT - F, it did sterling service until I graduated onto a HD box. Last week I dug it out of the cupboard to lend to a friend, checked it over and it's working and driving a motor flawlessly.
I'll try and find mine tomorrow and see what it's like and what model it is... Think it was a fairly cheap one.

thehumangoing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 2 on 28.2e
My Location
Ireland
got mine.. Manhattan Plaza ST300. looks like the pic attached. had to scan channels again, as it hadn't stored anything...

Edit: picture wouldn't upload?!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
thehumangoing said:
got mine.. Manhattan Plaza ST300. looks like the pic attached. had to scan channels again, as it hadn't stored anything...

Edit: picture wouldn't upload?!

Hmm. One of our Admins had problems uploading pics a day or two ago: I think it was summat to do with out of date Flash.

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
Hi, I have my old Manhattan Plaza ST350 set up in my son-in-law's house, but their dog has chewed the end of the remote!
Can anyone help me find a replacement remote please?