More 419s (scammers)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
This one just turned up in my spam box....(not the one I keep tinned meat in)

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, my family and I came down here to Kiev, Ukraine for a short vacation,unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed all cash,credit card and mobile phone were stolen off us but luckily we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all the bad news is our flight will be leaving in less than 8-hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.

I'll need your help (LOAN) financially of £2,000 . I promise to make the refund once we get back home. Please let me know if i can count on you and i need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way i can reach you.

Regards,

Jeannette Preston

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I had the same one last week but with a different name (obviously!). It means that whoever sent it has hacked Jeannette Preston's email account to send the spam out. She needs to change her password pronto.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
This just turned up today :

Dear Fitzgerald

I am barrister Agu Emma a solicitor at law.i need your assistance to put claim to the money left by my late client (Mr.Fitzgerald)fund valued at $10.5 million us dollars that is left with the bank here.

I need your assistance so we can put claim to that money,so that the money can be transfered to your account before the bank confiscate that fund do you understand?

Am contacting you because you and my late client share the same last name,so if you are interested to assist me then get back to me through my private email: ******@live.com

Your full names...............
Your age...............
Your Marital statue.........
Your telephone/fax numbers.............
Your Occupations...................
Your private email..................
Your Nationality...............

Best regards.
Barrister Agu Emma Esq.
N.B Please reply to : *******@live.com

What a good job her client wasn't named Smith.......