Not open for further replies.

organik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsd 660
My Location
South Africa
Hi there,
I have been doing tons of research on this subjuct but understandable english documentation is hard to come by. I live in on a farm in South Africa with two houses with the same owner spaced far apart. I have a valid subscription for Multichoice SA.
My idea is two purchase two dreamboxes (one server one client) and cardshare from the one house to the other.
I have read enough for me to understand the cardsharing process and I'm pretty sure I can do it. My big question is:

1) Will this work since Multichoice has introduced the decoder/smartcard marriage - Would entering a box code on the dreambox overcome this?

2) Would I need to enter the box code on the client as well as the server?

3) Will this still work since Multichoice is forcing everyone to upgrade to the new Zeta +2 smartcards?

4) Will this work since Multichoice is in the process of switching to the Kuband?

5) What model of the ddreambox would I need to make this work?

Does anyone have experience with this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Regards,
Mr Organik.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
First of all, check if they sell a "twincard"
Next You try the dreambox system, use 2 dm500 they will work if You are not into the HD tellie (if so You need better stuff)

All providers try to stop CS and, so far, none can claim success so I think it will work out fine.

organik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsd 660
My Location
South Africa
I want to go with the dreambox system because I want to stream the feed to my computer. How would I go about setting up the dreambox? Is it a specific emu for cccam?

organik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dsd 660
My Location
South Africa
also... would it work on a dreambox clone?

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
There is a very good tutorial about the setting up in this forum. Do a search and You will see !

It will, of course, work on a clone as well, just take care of what image You use, read about it as well

Fruitloops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
za
Have any of your guys got a dreambox working with Multichoise. Also where did you get your dreamboxes in South Africa?

sfw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ds..
My Location
S.A
guys please pm me as well show me where to start and i`ll find my way

please

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No-one can pm you - you havent been a member long enough and dont have enough posts.

All the info you require can be found on the forum, and if you want it you will sit down and do some reading.

If you cant be bothered to do the reading then you do without the info.

sfw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ds..
My Location
S.A
Analoguesat said:
No-one can pm you - you havent been a member long enough and dont have enough posts.

All the info you require can be found on the forum, and if you want it you will sit down and do some reading.

If you cant be bothered to do the reading then you do without the info.

Thats not the case we already have dbox running

we dont have to many forums on this hence am hoping South Africans to reply if they have succeeded or not.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dont expect any speedy replies - we only have a handful of South African members and none of them are trying to do what you want to do.

sfw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ds..
My Location
S.A
Analoguesat said:
d none of them are trying to do what you want to do.

sorry dont understand

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
sfw said:
sorry dont understand

As we only have a handful of South African members none of whom, as far as we know, are trying to do what you want to do, then it's unlikely you'll get a definitive answer anytime soon.

sfw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ds..
My Location
S.A
ok so if you a South African and you are already doing what am trying to do let me know :)

i`ll be reading

simms

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
South Africa
sfw said:
ok so if you a South African and you are already doing what am trying to do let me know :)

i`ll be reading

Still a newbie on this. Just got a DM500s.
Just to answer an earlier query, I don't think you can get DM boxes locally. Managed to get mine shipped from UK.
How are you progressing on your side? Am trying to connect up DM500s, it came with DarkStar II but was always hanging when I flashed it, eventually flashed it with PLi Jade and so far seems stable. I have managed to get a number of the free channels including the DSTV Guide Channel (channel 100 on MultiChoice), still trying to view the premium ones. Any luck on your side? Am in RSA.
I need CCcam 2.1.3 for PLi Jade for DM500s. How do I verify that I have successfully loaded the C: line and it's added into the DM box?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you have loaded a working line successfully the channels will all decode :D

However this leads to an obvious question is - do you KNOW its a working c-line? If not you are wasting your time

simms

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
South Africa
Analoguesat said:
If you have loaded a working line successfully the channels will all decode :D

However this leads to an obvious question is - do you KNOW its a working c-line? If not you are wasting your time

C: is genuine, got it from my dude with the server and the F: line. Even managed to logon to his server with _http://192.168.DREAMBOXip:16001/ he can see my DM. Unfortunately, only the free channels are still showing.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
simms said:
C: is genuine, got it from my dude with the server and the F: line. Even managed to logon to his server with _http://192.168.DREAMBOXip:16001/ he can see my DM. Unfortunately, only the free channels are still showing.

You certainly didnt log into HIS server using http://192.168.DREAMBOXip:16001/ - The 192.168.x.x range is local you your own network

However this tells us you have a commercial card share line of some kind. Discussion and help of this is absolutely forbidden on this forum. Thread closed - get your provider to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.