New Shed - New Dish

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Tony, FWIW I'm not good with heights either. My motorised set up (as you can see) is just below the gutter but I can be reasonably confident to work on it standing just above the first section of a two piece ladder. I found it easier to mount the dish bracket onto the motor stub (and align it to the centre line) at ground level, take the motor and bracket up and mount it on your T&K brackets and mast, then take the dish face up and mount it onto the bracket.
View attachment 66929

Pete! What size stand off are those T&K's please and what swing east and west do you get? Cheers.

Last edited:

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Tony, they measure 31cm (so 12" brackets) which gives you between 9" to 10" to centre of mast. Because of trees my arc effectively goes no further west than 12.5W (the dish obviously could though). However, I can get to 57E the other side with a little to spare before contact with the wall. Bear in mind it's a 1.2M dish as well. If you intend to use a 1M there will be more clearance.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Thank you for that Pete. I thought they were 12 inch TK's, but I just wanted to be sure. :)

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
This says it all. I'd like to know how long the LNB arm is on the Gibby 1m dish. Why? Because I have had to have a rethink where I'm going to put it. It looks like the small shed is going to to be the answer. It will not be visible due to the position of my brick shed and it will see the arc above it. This way I'll have the dish LNB arm overhanging my own yard but may lose one or two sats to the east due to the house at the left side of me. I will have to extend the coax cable with the help of 2 F connectors and a joiner.

Cheers peeps :)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
On mine, from dish face to LNB mount 66cm....

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
OK guys...you win! I have ordered a 1m Gibertini from Germany. Might as well get a decent dish! :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well done Tony!

Would you mind if I merge all the separate Topics about your project? It'll make it much easier for Members to follow :)

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Please do that, Tivu!!!!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Just to say that the dish, steel (scaffy) pole, motor et al is going on the small wooden shed I have. I don't think my neighbour wants to look at a nice shiny 1m dish and so it will be blocked from view by my brick shed, but will still see the arc - simples! At least it will be on MY property and nobody elses. I am having the 12 inch TK's modified by a local fabrication company so it will stand out less from the shed and have no play on the brackets at all. Just have to build it up with wood inside to reinforce it which is an easy job.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
A well thought out solution, Tony.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Thank you, Tivu! Yeah it just came to me on Saturday when I was out in the yard planning. It took blood, sweat and tears but got the solution eventually. Can't be without my motorised dish....I'm hooked now thanks to all on here.:D:D