new to 7000 and still having difficulty with setup

adrianmac

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding the sats,hispasat using a single lnb and astra and hotbird on a monobloc I have tried every configuration possible in the menu with no result I have tried a configure under a single lnb and got a message box

Change diseqc type

! Configuration contains some elements which dont fit into new diseqc-type.Drop these items?

2 Options - Cancel or yes
I answered yes - would this have caused my problem as yesterday morning I had managed to get hispasat but later lost it through trying out different combinations attempting to link the other 2 sats
I do not know what to do next - would I need to dump and reload my image?

Please help

Adrianmac

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Very confusing...

How do you know what satellite positions the LNBs are pointing at?

Have you checked them one by one?

If Hispasat was working then one is point at that position - do you know which one for sure?

Sounds like you're close and with a bit of help here you should be up and running in no time.

adrianmac

Reaction score
Thanks Ive finally got all 3 sats tuned in but some channels I am not getting looks like monobloc lnb sat positioning is very important for the dreambox
Is the lnb settings is the H/V the best setting on voltsage for signal strength

gameboy said:
Very confusing...

How do you know what satellite positions the LNBs are pointing at?

Have you checked them one by one?

If Hispasat was working then one is point at that position - do you know which one for sure?

Sounds like you're close and with a bit of help here you should be up and running in no time.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds to me like it is a switching problem, you never did explain what settings you were using to get the diseqC switch and monobloc working together.

adrianmac

Reaction score
Thanks my set up is as follows
Lnb 22khz voltage Tburst disqc disq
mode par
Hispasat 0 Hi/Lo H/V none ver1 A/A

Astra 1B-H.2C 1 Hi/Lo H/V none ver1 A/B

Hotbird1-6 1 Hi/Lo H/V none ver1 A/B

I do not have the sequence repeat checked nor the fast diseqc checked neither have I the increased voltage for all 3 sats checked
and the lof/l is 09750
lof/h 10600
Threshold 11700
This is the same for all 3 sats
Any thoughts
Rgds Mac
rolfw said:
Sounds to me like it is a switching problem, you never did explain what settings you were using to get the diseqC switch and monobloc working together.

adrianmac

Reaction score
Hi rolfw any thoughts on my info given on the settings

need help badly

tks adrianmac Sounds to me like it is a switching problem, you never did explain what settings you were using to get the diseqC switch and monobloc working together.[/quote]

adrianmac

Reaction score
After 3 weeks trying I am confident my dishes are set correctly for picking up all 3 sats Hotbird,Astra and Hispasat checked them on my old receiver receivng all 3.
Problem is with switching set up as some times I see Astra then when I switch say to Hispasat or Hotbird and revert back to Astra I get a switch message saying service could not be found

I need help can some give me some guidelines below are my settings currently for the lnbs

adrianmac said:
Thanks my set up is as follows
Lnb 22khz voltage Tburst disqc disq
mode par
Hispasat 0 Hi/Lo H/V none ver1 A/A

I do not have the sequence repeat checked nor the fast diseqc checked neither have I the increased voltage for all 3 sats checked
and the lof/l is 09750
lof/h 10600
Threshold 11700
This is the same for all 3 sats
Any thoughts
Rgds Mac

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi, sorry missed your post of last week. Should the diseqC settings not read A, B/A, B/B, the first letter being the two way switch and the second letter being the monobloc?

adrianmac

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response I dont understand i thought i needed to assign double letters to each satelite andthere are other options eg signal boost do i do anything with these
rolfw said:
Hi, sorry missed your post of last week. Should the diseqC settings not read A, B/A, B/B, the first letter being the two way switch and the second letter being the monobloc?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
looks to me like your getting a conflict with Astra and Hotbird... same settings

change the voltage switch settings for hotbird, so it doesnt clash with any of the other 2, and things should work fine

if possible us this..
A/A
A/B
B/B

adrianmac

Reaction score
Thanks Red Devil just back from a weeks holidays today will give your suggestioins a go now and will revert with the results
Tks
Adrian
RedDevil_UK said:
looks to me like your getting a conflict with Astra and Hotbird... same settings

change the voltage switch settings for hotbird, so it doesnt clash with any of the other 2, and things should work fine

if possible us this..
A/A
A/B
B/B

adrianmac

Reaction score
I have tried with no result,can I check the voltage settings is where you have a choice of - off,14v,18v or H/V

Adrian
adrianmac said:
Thanks Red Devil just back from a weeks holidays today will give your suggestioins a go now and will revert with the results
Tks
Adrian

adrianmac

Reaction score
Red devil or Rolff any of you guys anymore thoughts on this problem ,I am now totally convinced that as you say it is a switching problem
Would it be better to run 2 seperate lnbs form the dish with a 3 lnb input disqc setup instaed of my current monobloc and 2 lnb disqc which also accomodates the Hispasat lnb
regards
adrian
adrianmac said:
I have tried with no result,can I check the voltage settings is where you have a choice of - off,14v,18v or H/V

Adrian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That may perhaps be the only solution I'm afraid. :),

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
sorry for not getting back so quick mate.

its late now, and im a little err over the limit :)

will wake up with rough head and take a look tomorrow :)

edit... i mean later today :rolleyes:

adrianmac

Reaction score
Red Devil any more thoughts on this one another thing happens after jumping around the astra stations one of them may appear then I could move around within astra for a while then i can lose the astra stations again without any reason again giving the switch message

adrian

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
for 3 satellites your going to need to choose
4 SATELLITES VIA DISEQC ROTOR

that chould automatically set it up.... with 1 more than you need really, but 3 should work fine.

setup--> Service searching--> satellite configuration

as for the problem of missing channels on astra.... umm strange. are you sure that you have a proper lock on Astra??

signals fluxuate (is that spelt right lol) some days more than others, it may be that your signal is weak, what % does your signal read when on astra?

make sure you have a backup of your channle listing too, because messing with the satellite config can mess it up.

adrianmac

Reaction score
thanks red devil my astra prob is that when I am viewing an astra station then move to another that i was watching earlier i get a blue screen with a switch message saying the station can not be found I think this is to do with the lnb set up that i am having probs with

As a last resort could i remove the monobloc and replace with 2 seperate lnbs and change from a two way infeed disqc switch to a 3 way infeed switch or would it cost much to fit a motorised system?

tks adrianmac

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
i tried to answer your PM but got the mesage..
adrianmac has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
:)

Moving to a fully motorised system is not that much more to be honest... motors start at about £60, but then you have the problem of fitting them... can be a bit fiddly to say the least.
you could pay someone to supply and fit, maybe cost you £150. more if you need another LNB.

more important is what you want to watch, if your going to spend the money to go fully motorised, then only watch 13e its pointless. the plus side to having a sat engineer fitting your dish, is that these problems would hopefully be history.

personally i would pay the extra and have it fitted, you will then have a future proof system, lets say that next year all the football moved to 16e.... (not likely but you never know) with a motorised sytem, you will never have a problem.
you could then sell your other monoblock etc on ebay.... let someone else have the hassle :D

adrianmac

Reaction score
Tks to all that helped I solved the problem by purchasing 2 seperate lnbs and 4 WAY DISQC switch
Special thanks to Red Devil who made the suggestion and Iqbal who helped me get going again last night with the change in camd3 yesterday I beleive ver 3.824 stopped yestreday so I have replaced with 3.940c I can not find the notification on the forum but the change worked and I seem to get lusomundo and mgm and sport tv now which is great