new user

tjmartin1978

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Current Sat setup
Hi There

Im very new to the world of satellites but have become interested as my wife is German and has asked it it would be possible to pick up German freeview stations..

I would like to buy a satellite dish and receiver to do this to run along my existing sky setup..

I would be grateful if someone would suggest a good satellite and box which I could use for this purpose....

Many thanks

Tim

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
Loads of German stuff on Hotbird at 13 east

This setup would be good
http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=p460.html?lmd=38507.774306

Find a professional installer if you want it setup quickly or read my tutorial in the motorised satellite section of this forum.

tjmartin1978

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Current Sat setup
this website looks like a good source of hardware..

What do I need to look for with proffesional installers. Do they need to be registered with anyone ???

Thanks for your help with this..

regards

Tim

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You are normally safe if they are member of the CAI or the APSI. :), but there will obviously be good installers who are members of neither. Always best if possible to go on recommendation..