Nilesat on 2.5m dish possible in scotland for Art???

omar basha

i have an official ART card(irdeto 2) for the package on nilesat, i also have a 2.5m dish, humax reciever with irdeto 2 CAM. I am still to set the dish up, but does anyone know if i will be able to pick up the channels on nilesat, from here in Scotland. I would be very grateful if i got a quick reply,
thank you,
omar

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I dont see a problem with Nilesat in central Scotland - it should be a solid dish though

maziz

I think you should be able to get the nile sat with menimum 1.2 m dish if you are in england.. i would think if you have 1.8 m dish in scotland you would definitly get the nile sat.. but the question is.... does that irdeto thingy work???
i know that its only for the middle east ART work on viaaccess2 in europe..
if it worked let me know.. i have the card but not the CAM. ;)

hmadfai

My Satellite Setup
Strong 4820 II, 1.1 motorised, Sky, Dragon, Matrix Rel. and Joker CAMs.
My Location
Cardiff
Hi,

Just to share my experience with you. I am based in Cardiff and I have a Triax Solid 1.1m motorized driven by Echostar DSB 980 2CI.

With my setup I can 'see' Nilesat; on good days I can watch a few channels such as EDU and Zen (used to get Space Toon a few weeks back but not anymore). My setup only gives me V feeds from this satellite so I cannot see the H TPs.

TTBOMK, ART broadcast on H TPs so I would be very careful in investing money with the aim of picking up ART from Nilesat from Europ. ART on 13E is a completely different setup that uses Vi2 (as opposed to Irdeto on Nilesat) and is significantly highly priced compared to their Irdeto counterparts on Nilesat.

Hope that this helps,

H

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Only seeing one polarity off 7W in the UK is a common problem. The vertical polarised signals seem to be significantly stronger then the horizontal ones this far north west.

JohnC

My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Im in central England (52.23N-1.39W) with a 1.2 mtre dish and I get 12 channels solidly 24 hours a day and a further half dozen when conditions are good...... and I know my dish is mis-aligned as I cannot get anything off Thor.
So I would say you should have no problems.

neovo

My Location
scotland
I live in scotland "dumfries" my setup tm5500ci super - tm1500ci+ skystar2 dvb card /0.3lnb 1.8m dish. i have no problems with 7west nilesat 101/102 most of the time. so a bigger dish should be fine up north from me.

JayX

hmadfai said:
Hi,

Just to share my experience with you. I am based in Cardiff and I have a Triax Solid 1.1m motorized driven by Echostar DSB 980 2CI.

With my setup I can 'see' Nilesat; on good days I can watch a few channels such as EDU and Zen (used to get Space Toon a few weeks back but not anymore). My setup only gives me V feeds from this satellite so I cannot see the H TPs.
woop another cardiffian, sounds like you have a nice setup too mate. how much did you pay for your triax dish, and did you get it locally? the only local place i know is city satellite, and their website gives no real information apart from the fact they "do" sky. a friend of my dads worked for sky, but alas doesn't anymore as he was using their equipment to do work on the side. doh! i'm moving out of my current property (i'm living off albany road atm, in a terraced place.. lots of sky digital 43cm crapdishes on the fronts of houses, but little room for a real setup) so looking for a place with a flat roof preferably. no local sat users groups or anything is there? always interesting to meet up with people with similar interests locally like.

anyway back on subject... the only footprints i've ever seen for nilesat show egypt only, so this is great news! i seriously thought picking it up would be impossible, are they running multiple beams, or being sneaky and not showing the real footprint on their website? some of the chan packages on there (fox sports etc) sound pretty good, i'm presuming they're english feeds? at the moment my current plans for the future include a 90cm force frontier dish pointing east (nice to have something static) and then later on a larger dish which will be motorised to roam the skies (mainly west) looking for a little fun.

i used to live in a 3storey property in cheltenham with a flat roof, my god i bet that place would've given some cracking pictures. nice n high with a full range and zero blockages.

neovo

My Location
scotland
I got my dish of the internet so not long ago 1.85 offset azel mount for £380. did want prim focus 2.2m £500 but saved cash for more toys "cas2" love it. I get most of my bits & bobs from what satellite and digital tv "great mag" and digital satallite choice. only get nilesat 7 west with tm5500ci super breaks up a lot on tm1500ci+ no go on skystar2.the mag's say 1.5m in scotland "edinburgh" i think not but it is 80+ miles away from me so don't no for sure. spend most of my time looking for feeds all over the belt 65.5east to 58west. just the feeling you get when you see some thing not on the list is good.been into satallite for 15/16 years.the first system was an amstrad 520 16ch job 80cm dish 10ghz lnb it cost £399+ back then. still got the dish with new lnb pointing at hotbird. the 2 technomat satallite systems are patched with softcams.

My Systems

Technomat 5500ci Super
Technomat 1500 ci plus
Humax F1via
Amstrad drx400 BSKYB
Skystar 2 pci Altdvb / Progdvb / sceneo tvxl
Pace 2600 BSKYB
pace ds430n BSKYB
Pace mss100
pace mss500

tamersaid81

My Satellite Setup
i have sky and don't use computer
My Location
Scotland
am living in Blairgowrie 18 miles from dundee (Scotland),what i need to get nilesat
thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
tamersaid81,

This is an old archive from 2004.