No preview on Astra 2

morphy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion and diseqc 1.2 motorized H-H motor 90cm dish also an inverto black ultra lnb. An F/S Omega and FSKU-v lnb as spare.
My Location
Basildon
I have a passion hd, when on the epg I have no channel preview in the right hand corner. If go to any other satellite I have the preview in the corner and also if scroll down the channels I still get the preview of that channel if I press OK then the return button for full screen. I have the latest firmware installed. Thanks M

Extra:- I just tried fortecs site looks like they are updating it.

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
If you have your EPG set to pick up the UK 7-day guide (ie Freesat), then when you go into the EPG it automatically tunes to 11426H where the Freesat EPG is transmitted from. Because of this, it is not able to decode your current/selected channel, and therefore the preview window is disabled. This doesnt apply, of course, when viewing a non-28.2 channel and therefore you do get the preview window.

I hope that makes sense

PS the new FS site is now available

morphy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion and diseqc 1.2 motorized H-H motor 90cm dish also an inverto black ultra lnb. An F/S Omega and FSKU-v lnb as spare.
My Location
Basildon
briangw said:
If you have your EPG set to pick up the UK 7-day guide (ie Freesat), then when you go into the EPG it automatically tunes to 11426H where the Freesat EPG is transmitted from.
I have looked at my frequency list and 11426H is not on there. So I added it to the list as 11426 H 27500 There is a 11426 V. The epg still has not updated, do I have to make dummy channel, as I read on one of the post that is what the person did, the trouble is I cannot remember how I found it as I was looking for something else. :confused Thanks in advance M

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
Sorry, I answered your question but omitted to give you the full description as to how the 7-day EPG works.

It does need to have at least 1 channel from 11426H in your list. It may show as 11428H in your TP list but that is close enough to work, but KingofSat does show it as 11426H.

The easiest way is to manually tune to 11426/8H. This will pick up 1 TV station, the original 'red button' version of ITV HD as opposed to the later regional variations on other TPs. However, I have used the 'Freesat Info' channel for the EPG pick up, by using SetEditPassion to give it a fake VPID, and therefore turning it from a radio channel into a TV channel. I then leave this as the bottom channel in my TV list.

If you are on V1.42, the EPG will work perfectly, filling within 3-4 minutes and updating automatically overnight, but BBC HD will cause problems such as rebooting. Incidentally, a small annoying bug is that it will revert to the 11426H channel when exiting the EPG occasionally, and not your previously selected channel.

If you are on v1.43, BBC HD will be fixed but the EPG will struggle to show more than 4 days, showing that this fix was actually a quick fudge and based on an older version.

Apparently there is a new version about to be released, and I am waiting to get my hands on it to test (a passion+ in my case).

Hope I havent missed anything out this time !

morphy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Basildon
I added 11426 H with a fake vpid called it test and put it at the end of my Astra 2b channel list. Now the epg is updating like mental thanks Briangw.