Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star platinum

Astra 19E and Hotbird
Panasonic TX-37LZD81
Astra2 Freesat
My Location
Lancashire UK
I've had a Panasonic TX-37LZD81 for about six months and have had no problems at all receiving Freesat until yesterday when I switched it on and was greeted with a NO SIGNAL message. There was no picture and the signal strengh meter was showing Nil although the programme information was still being shown at the bottom of the screen (does this come via Satellite?).

Otherwise the TV is fine - Freeview and Analogue are still working perfectly.

I've had a look at the dish which seems OK as are the connections.

I haven't tried retuning yet in case this is just a temporary transmission problem.

Any suggestions?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
First job: Turn it of completely (No Power at all for a good few seconds) then reboot. That'll tell us whether it's a firmware glitch of if the problem lies elsewhere.

regen70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star platinum

Astra 19E and Hotbird
Panasonic TX-37LZD81
Astra2 Freesat
My Location
Lancashire UK
I tried that as suggested but it made no difference. I then tried to retune using Autotune and got the message that it could not find Astra 2. Does this mean that it probably is the dish that is out of alignment? We did have some blustery weather a couple of nights ago.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Check for any joins on the cable run and also the F connectors on either end. If they look fine, it's possible you could have had slight dish movement or maybe the LNb has gone down.

If you can, try a friends/family members sky box on your dish to confirm.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
regen70 said:
I tried that as suggested but it made no difference. I then tried to retune using Autotune and got the message that it could not find Astra 2. Does this mean that it probably is the dish that is out of alignment? We did have some blustery weather a couple of nights ago.

Sounds like it - you say you checked the connections (indoor ones only, I assume?).

Did you put the Dish up yourself, or was it a relic, or did someone else put it up?

If the former, then you can obviously sort it out yourself.

If the latter, you might find insufficient bolts have been used on the wall plate ....................

regen70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star platinum

Astra 19E and Hotbird
Panasonic TX-37LZD81
Astra2 Freesat
My Location
Lancashire UK
The dish was professionally installed when I got the TV (I've never had Sky). It's mounted half way up the side of the house above the garage in a fairly sheltered spot. I've just been up to have a look at it - it looks pretty solid and the connections seem alright but I suppose there is always a possibility that it could have moved slightly. Looks as though I'll have to get it checked.

Thanks for the replies

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
The first thing was what tivu said. I agree with him. This happens in case your upgrading program was too old. Therefore, needs a new upgrade.

The second thing is that I believe that you have upgraded your receiver to see not free to air channels too. So lessen your channels list. The free to air receivers are been made for free to air channels and don't have the capacity to save or reserve 1000 or I don't know more channels. Delete the channels you don't watch. It will help too.