Not for the want of trying...

DesTheRed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 - Just Got it
My Location
Norway
Hi Guys,

Will try and get to the point quick, get ALL free to air channels (BBC's, ITV's CH4's etc etc) no card in the box. Cannot for the life of me get Sky News or CH5 (Maybe a reason for CH5). Not that they are super important but can't understand why? The box seems to revert straight back to a channel after searching for Sky News!!

I have searched on here for ages tonight (this morning now) to find a lot of great content and have learned a lot, thx.

Anyone have any ideas I am in Stavanger, Norway but like I say all the rest of the channels are fine. Is Sky Sports News free to air also as when I found that it came up saying insert your card but below the message it had the programme description?

Don't want do the EPG Upgrade in case it totally blows me out of the water :) - EPG 3.2.11

Cheers,
Graham

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Sky Sp News is a subs channel and is part of the news & events pack.

Two transmissions for FIVE, one FTV and other FTA. Try add channels option > 10.773h, 22000, 5/6.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
satelliteman said:
Two transmissions for FIVE, one FTV and other FTA. Try add channels option > 10.773h, 22000, 5/6.

Indeed.

The FTA version of Five was introduced primarily for the Freesat Platform and although it is transmitted FTA, it lacks a. A Sky EPG slot (The version that appears on 105 is the Encrypted {FTV} version) and b. Any programme information, other than for a Freesat branded Box - Sky Boxes and Generic Receivers have to rely upon third party listings.

Five was jammed into a BBC TP that previously carried News 24 (Or whatever it's called today!).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
DesTheRed said:
Cannot for the life of me get Sky News .........

........ The box seems to revert straight back to a channel after searching for Sky News!!

Failure to get Sky News is almost certainly due to your way out of date Firmware!

Don't be afraid to do a Forced Download - Any errors and it'll simply retain the current version. Nothing to be concerned about at all.

And if the Forced Download Stream isn't carrying Firmware for your Box at present, try again a few times over coming days.

In any event, it will update automatically in the fullness of time - I've known it take months for some older Boxes!

DesTheRed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 - Just Got it
My Location
Norway
Great guys,

Will be on the case when I get back home tonight. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Another quick one for you two experts, is there any way to bypass or move the "other channels" to the favourites listing or do we always have to select other channels to select a programme?

Many thanks for your help

Regards,
Graham

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sorry, but Sky Boxes are too regimented to permit any user customisations like that!

You're stuck with "Other Channels", sadly.

DesTheRed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 - Just Got it
My Location
Norway
Well guys,

Did the force upgrade and now I have everything I could wish for... that is free anyway :)

Many thanks for your assistance.

Will keep on this forum surfing and learning.

Regards,
Graham

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Good stuff - thanks for letting us know you've got everything sorted :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice result DesTheRed :)