PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Personally, I don't give a FF about my credit score as, apart from my credit cards, I don't owe anybody anything. The last time I borrowed anything was for the big kitchen rebuild and even then I had to persuaded to do it. I mean they offered to spread the bill over three years at zero charge. I already had the money to pay for it in full so I'd rather it was in my bank account rather than theirs.

The mortgage was paid off nearly ten years ago so I'm my own man.

So I'm with Nano on this.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ditto in every respect ;)

Edit: Actually, even our Credit Cards are only ever used as Charge Cards - haven't paid interest on them since I was a Student (Last Century).

Last edited:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Well, I am still an young-un so I am up to my neck in mortgages and student loan debt.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
The problem is that credit score can be used for all sorts of things, like getting a mobile phone contract....

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Contract? What's that? PAYG for me.

On the 3 network now with their 3-2-1 scheme. 3p a minute for phone calls, 2p per text and 1p per MB data. No expiry date for the credit. And, if you top up by £10, then you get an extra 150MB of data to use up in a month. I changed my wife's phone about 5 weeks ago and she still has £8 odd left and mine about 3 weeks ago still has £9 odd left.

When I first took it out I looked really hard for the catch and there doesn't appear to be one. Perfect for modest users such as me.

A nonymous

Reaction score
As far as i am aware it can only affect your credit score if it goes to court and i lose and the judge orders me to pay within 28 days. If i don't pay within 28 days then a county court judgement can be made against me.

To be honest i doubt it will go that far, i don't think it will even make it to court. Hopefully the letter i sent them this morning should kill it dead. The way they are governed by the BPA it will cost them £27+ Vat to get a POPLA number issued to me in order for me to take the appeal further. Even if i lose any decision made by POPLA isn't legally binding.

I too agree with PaulR. I also only have PAYG. Costs me £5 a month for 60 mins, 300 texts and 1gb of internet. It more than covers what i use the phone for. I can buy a new unlocked phone cheaper than i could get if i purchased in on Contract.

I can also ring my wife, my daughter and most of my mates for free as they are on the same network. Its a no brainer really

Nano

Last edited:

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Just incase anybody has had the misfortune to deal with this bunch of clowns, their registered office is as follows. Its not the easiest of companies to find as they hide behind several P.O Box

UKPC
3 Gregories Court
Gregories Road
Beaconsfield
Buckinghamshire
HP9 1HQ

Good luck with your plan, hope it works out. In a weird co-incidence I just had lunch about 10 minutes away from this place...

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Interesting info about these new-fangled PAYE contracts: We can't abide Texts (Ok, so don't send any -- sadly that doesn't stop others sending them to us and it can't be disabled) , but the idea of cheap calls and Data appeals.

Currently, we get through less than £10/year each on Calls, though, even at the outrageous rates of our "Original" Tariffs.

Food for thought, though.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
Interesting info about these new-fangled PAYE contracts: We can't abide Texts (Ok, so don't send any -- sadly that doesn't stop others sending them to us and it can't be disabled) , but the idea of cheap calls and Data appeals.
Currently, we get through less than £10/year each on Calls, though, even at the outrageous rates of our "Original" Tariffs.
Food for thought, though.
You can probably set up your phone to "block sender". My wife does this to her friends by accident quite often.....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, but what if it's SWMBO's little sister .................... :oops:

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
Yes, but what if it's SWMBO's little sister .................... :oops:
"You never reply to my texts!"
"OK, will check my phone. Ah, yes - my phone classifies all your texts as spam and sticks them straight in the bin so I never see them. Not my fault."

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Wots a credit score ?
Wots a Credit card ?
Wots debt ?
Cash is king ....
and I am a Micawberite
:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Is there a photograph available?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham

A nonymous

Reaction score
It basically means that its going to cost them a lot of money and will probably see the demise of UKPC which as far as i am concerned is great.

Nano

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

A nonymous

Reaction score
I never did say what happened with my dealings with UKPC, as predicted the letter i sent them did indeed kill their claim against me stone dead. They even sent me an apology letter. W**kers :D

Riverblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Near Brighton
I've also had dealings with this lot, I totally ignored all their crap that they sent me and eventually they gave up! ;)