Passion HD software upgrading problem?

My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion hd and maplins dish package, including F/S FSKUVN
My Location
Nuneaton
i inadvertently upgraded the firmware without upgrading the "loader"

is there a "get out of jail free" card for this?

cheers Andrew

owner of one of those Maplin kits where you had to twist the LNB contrariwise to get a signal but i now have 67 strength and 100 quality for astra 2, also 67/92 for astra 1

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
And what was the result? The box not booting up?

If that's the case, switch off the box, plug in a USB stick with the loader file on it and switch back on. You should get 'file read' on the front display, then 'file 1'. Press the box's 'OK' button and you see '1 Loader'.

Press OK again and it should go through the loading sequence and end with 'Power off'.

Switch off the box and remove your stick. It should now boot up with the loader, after which you can load the firmware.

Llew

My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion hd and maplins dish package, including F/S FSKUVN
My Location
Nuneaton
no boots up fine , but am i missing something, can i upgrade the bootloader now
as if i hadnt boobed?

andrew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
As it's booting up, your loader should be intact. Just update with the latest loader file, then your firmware.

tjl

My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
:confused.Hi New member,Have just purchased the Passion+and thanks to this site have learnt a few things trawling through past posts,my question is I have downloaded the latest update for my box and after unzipping do I send the unzipped folder or do I send the file inside the folder to my stick drive,advice needed before I complete the update will be grateful....:-stpats

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Just have the .dnl file on your stick tjl. The Passion won't recognise files or folders without that extension.

Llew