Platinum Spice on TPS

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Why is there no moving picture on this channel (Hotbird)? Just a logo image.:-hny

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
There are several Spice channels on Hot Bird with different frequencies for different providers. (DTH, Nova, TPS)
Just check the frequency of the channel with the logo and you will discover that the provider is TPS.
They start transmission at midnight to insure that no minors are watching.

Update:
TSP in the title should be changed to TPS

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Thanks for replying HB13DISH . You're right, but I wasn't sure if this particular channel applied to TPS or not, as it was just a still logo. I know know it's encrypted even when there's nothing on it.

And yes, I saw some fun last night, from about 11pm, UK time. Cheers. :D

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
HB13DISH said:
Update:
TSP in the title should be changed to TPS

It does say TPS.:-away

now.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Robbo71 said:
It does say TPS.:-away

now.

It never used to, so someone must have changed it. :-gnome

By the way, where is Dorcel TV on Hotbird? I can't get it, that's on the TPS package too isn't it... :-snowman

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Saturlight said:
I never used to, so someone must have changed it. :-gnome

By the way, where is Dorcel TV on Hotbird? I can't get it, that's on the TPS package too isn't it... :-snowman

Dorcel is also all over the place, but it is secured. Need to buy a smartcard. Supposed to have a better video quality (bitrate) than most of the other junks.
Cheapest is InxWorld.
Here is a link to Adult Channels Quality with frequencies.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...s/107393-adult-channels-quality-hot-bird.html
I can't believe it. 7,000 views and counting.
Must be our forum female members :-csmile

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Secured huh...thanks. ;)

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
I flicked over to Private spice on TPS on saturday night to take a look, first time ive looked at it in about a year and i do remember it used to be pretty good, dunno if it was my signal or box playing up but the picture was terrible on sat night, really pixely, looked like it had been filmed on a mobile phone.

Is it normally this bad or maybe something up at my end or just a one off. All other chs were fine though, strange.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
cdtronix said:
I flicked over to Private spice on TPS on saturday night to take a look, first time ive looked at it in about a year and i do remember it used to be pretty good, dunno if it was my signal or box playing up but the picture was terrible on sat night, really pixely, looked like it had been filmed on a mobile phone.

Is it normally this bad or maybe something up at my end or just a one off. All other chs were fine though, strange.

Must be your end. Try checking it again when you have the chance.
Subscribers pay a lot of money for this channel (usually has excellent bitrate) so they must give them their value for money otherwise they will stop their sub.