Powervu!!

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Powervu interests me and worries me at the same time. What are the chances that it can totally go commercial and keep our CAMs out?
I would love to have AFN seems to have global transmission and loved some channels I was exposed to. Ebay seems to be expensive. Should we be looking in ways to hack the system?

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Yes they are closing in hacking PowerVU i read yesterday, they beleive we will see a working hack this year.

bud man

Reaction score
All I heard about Power vu and DCII is that it is possible to clone the chip and enter it into another unit that is the same, I have not seen it with my own eyes though, hacking power vu or DCII I have never heard anything on that.

TJ2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AFN decoder info PowerVu models/types/methods
My Location
Asia
cologne said:
Are you sure you have to pay.. if you are a military personnel??I dont think so..
_https://pvconnect.net/"]https://pvconnect.net/
this is where you authorise for AFRTS.Also, it is not authorised bu SA, but by Broadcast Center in California, at DSN 312-348-1339 or commercial at 951.413.2339.
Regards
:)

Just to clear things up; AFN Programming is 100% FREE! In Asia, the miliary base store (AAFES) decided to rent vs. sell decoders to limit the chances of unauthroized people getting decoders. I think it was a ploy to make money but anyway they initially charged $25/month. At that price, you could buy one from a base in Europe every year! Since they sold thousands in Europe, they couldn't easily start renting them.

Then many military bases bought thousands of decoders and started loaning them out for free. AAFES had no choice but to lower their rental fees to $13/month (still too much!).

So AFN programming is free and depending on where you get your decoder; free or what ever AAFES is charging you.