Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
People constantly tell me that I am imagining the North South divide and I used to constantly quote them examples such as (when they were in the Premier League) BRFC was almost always the last match to be shown on MOTD and a London Club was always the first.

Today we had a classic example of such North South prejudice when the BBC national news never even mentioned where the Queen was on Maundy Thursday, an event that has been reported on year after year since TV was invented. Well in the absence of a TV report by the BBC, I can report she was at Blackburn Cathedral in Lancashire just off that little motorway called the M6. Her lunch was cooked by the chef Nigel Howarth owner of Northcote Manor and others. The Queen handed out 88 coins to each of the 88 men and women who were invited to the ceremony at the only Cathedral that is not in a City, yes London conveniently forgot about that as well.

Don't worry we did not make her wear clogs but Nigel did serve up Lancashire hot pot I understand when she had lunch at Ewood Park the home of Blackburn Rovers. :-bighappy

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Odd when you consider BBC's media output now comes from Salford...

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
But the news department is in London.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strange indeed.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
People constantly tell me that I am imagining the North South divide and I used to constantly quote them examples such as (when they were in the Premier League) BRFC was almost always the last match to be shown on MOTD and a London Club was always the first.
Haven't watched it myself recently, but perhaps things have changed since MOTD now originates from Salford? Or maybe all those BBC London journalists moved up there still rule the roost? :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Haven't watched it myself recently, but perhaps things have changed since MOTD now originates from Salford? Or maybe all those BBC London journalists moved up there still rule the roost? :-rofl2
Ah but like Paul says the news still comes from London and Rovers dropped out of the Premiership in 2011, before the Beeb moved North so would never get a showing in MOTD at the moment to prove my theory one way or the other as they are in the wrong division

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I'm perplexed that the Queen having lunch is somehow newsworthy.

Then again, if she had sucked a piece of damp cloth and had a handful of hot gravel, young people today wouldn't believe it.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I remember Blackburn, it's been such a long time since I was last there... :-rofl2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Fatwa, is it?