Problem with MANUAL SEARCH IN THE DREAMBOX!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax,Echostar,DVB,DISCEQ,Motor automatic,Pehla Europe card
My Location
France
Hi everyone!!! I have a DREAMBOX 500-S Today I tried to put a new channel so I went to the manual search but whenever i push search, it says me " FATAL ERROR COULDN'T OPEN SERVICE FILE - CREATE / VAR / TUXBOX? CONFIG/ ENIGMA!"!!!
What is this!!!??? Is it a problem with my dreambox!!!???

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Wesh said:
Hi everyone!!! I have a DREAMBOX 500-S Today I tried to put a new channel so I went to the manual search but whenever i push search, it says me " FATAL ERROR COULDN'T OPEN SERVICE FILE - CREATE / VAR / TUXBOX? CONFIG/ ENIGMA!"!!!
What is this!!!??? Is it a problem with my dreambox!!!???

Reboot Dreambox
Then Menu/Set up/Service Searching/Manual transponder scan/insert the frequency/Start scan/List of ch will appear when scan is finished/Save then Exit.
Everything should be ok, if not your image might be corrupt. Have to say never came across your problem Wesh.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Reboot Enigma or Rebot now!!!??? I did reboot now but it didn't work!!!

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
It's not working!!!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you tried an automatic transponder scan?

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Even the automatic search is showing the same message!!!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Do you have a file called services in var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ ?

If therre is a single ! in your reply I won't reply again. 'O'

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
I don't have any file called like this actually I didn't install my dreambox my self so I really don't know.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you FTPd onto your Dreambox and looked (e.g. using Filezilla, an FTP program).

If you don't have services file in var/tuxbox/config/enigma then I suggest you reflash your Dreambox with the lastest version of flash. But read the Idiot's Guide first (in Dreambox section here) and see if you're doing something wrong.

Good Luck :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Yeah, it looks like a problem with the image. Sometimes when an image is flashed and not flash erased you get funny problems. Get flashwizzard pro and load up a new image and try again. I would suggest the Gemini image, they are nice and stable and easy to work with, and there is a lot of information and experience with them.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
I really don't know anything about these programs as all the keys are put by someone else here who installed the dreambox for me. I just want to solve this problem or tell me how to flash an image manually on the dreambox plz

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Well, if you want to flash your dreambox I suggest you have a bit of a read in the idiot guide, get flashwizard pro installed on your computer. Connect your computer to the dreambox and start from there. It looks harder than it is, but you are going to have to dig in and get over the first difficult phase. Other than that, either get the guy who installed it to sort it out, but there is no quick answer "just tell me what to do". We answered your questions, you need to install a clean image and then it most likely be ok.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
It's still not working!!! I'm completely lost I just can't put any new channel anymore. I can't reboot ( I get the same message ) and the programmes for the dreambox never detect my dreambox!!! Please tell me something I just want to put new channels but I just can't!!!

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
listen, Wes, you had 4 weeks to read the guides and to experiment with your box. First of all : do you have the right equipment ? Is your dreambox connected to a pc ? Is your dreambox connected to the internet ? Do you have the tools necessary to flash a new image onto your dreambox ? Do you have a suitable image to flash ? Be sure it's for a DM500 or you might get into serious trouble. Gemini or PLi for DM500 should do the trick.
- flash the image onto your DM500
- reboot the dreambox (will probably be done automatically)
- follow the setup process, be sure to specify the correct settings for your setup (1 sat, multi-sat, movable dish). Don't mind scanning for channels !
- go into the advanced settings and set up the correct tcp-ip parameters
- download any of the available channel settings, viz Captain Picard
- download the softcam(s) you need
- get hold of the latest keyfiles and transfer them to your dreambox (best use dcc for this)
don't forget : the DM500's memory is limited, don't overload it or you will have to start again. Best is to buy a USB memory stick, if this is possible for a DM500, and to put the /var directory onto this memory stick.
is all of the above chinese for you : forget it. You simply don't have the knowledge to update your dreambox. Get hold of the guy who sold it to you, and demand that he fixes it.
Have you done all of the above, but still don't have any channels : is your dish aligned correctly ? Have you entered the correct disecq channels in the dreambox setup ? Have you entered the correct coordinates for your location ? Can you get any channels if you correct the dish-alignment manually ?
As said before, there's no "this is how you do it" guide for this.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
As this thread is going nowhere it is officially closed. And if I ever see another one tripple "!" or "?" from you I am going to throw a serious tantrum

Status
Not open for further replies.