DM7020
DM500
AzBox HD Premium
My Location
Modena, Italy
michelbil said:
Hello Piero !
I have also a DM7020
Found many explications on your problem here, in this same thread, on the first page...

Ciao, Piero.

sm0xhr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 800
Moteck 2100
110 cm dish
My Location
Stockholm
I just want to add this info. I have an original dm7025+ which I programmed the way you described above and forced into the level 4 mode. I added echo 8 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0 at the end of the bootup file (etc/init.d/bootup). But now the remote of the dm7025 was still changing channels on the clone DM800se. I now wrote echo 2 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0 at the end of the bootup file in the clone dm800se box. Restarting both boxes and I had a clone and original remote control working perfectly together. So if you have an original box and a clone this might be the solution. You do not need to try to reprogram the clone remote, just the original to the dm70XX, and in my case in the level 4 mode. Good luck, Ed

nikolakis0644

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S 2 pieces and a VU+Uno
2 Dishes 1 meter Hot Bird 13 and Hellas Sat 39, and a 2.40 meter dish with positioner covering all the horizon
Windows 7 Pro , 2 Desktop, 1 Laptop, 1 Netbook
My Location
Greece
Hi to all
This is my first post here and I want some help if anyone knows
I have two DM7020S at the same place one over the other, and when I want to control one of them the other responds. I had read all the thread. I have 3 remotes 2 of them are URC-39930RRJ0-04 and one is URC-39930RRJ0-03.
Is there a way to control both with the same remote one directly and the other using the shift key first, or something else?
The most importand is that I use nabilosat darkstar 2 image and there is no directory
/proc/stb/ir/rc/mask there is a proc directory but inside proc the stb does not exist
I had read about unlocking the Rc, and telnet to the reciever command like, echo 2 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask
Is there a solution to my problem?
Thanks in advance

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I have not used nabilosat and would recommend OpenPli as an image to use, but on most images I have used the remote setup works the same, so I would assume it will be the same for nabilosat.
If those directories dont exist create them. There are several threads on the web on how to create the file and OpenPli even has a plugin(download from plugins) to allow you to set up the remotes.
I have not managed to make 2 dreamboxes work from the same remote, but you can use 2 dreambox remotes (or something like a logitech
harmony remote) to control 2 dreamboxes in the same location (again I dont have the link to hand but it is documented well on other threads). The one remote is used 'as is' while the other is set up through the buttons on the remote to be dreambox'2'.
It does not require any jtag programming.

nikolakis0644

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dishes 1 meter Hot Bird 13 and Hellas Sat 39, and a 2.40 meter dish with positioner covering all the horizon
My Location
Greece
shumifan50 said:
I have not used nabilosat and would recommend OpenPli as an image to use, but on most images I have used the remote setup works the same, so I would assume it will be the same for nabilosat.
If those directories dont exist create them. There are several threads on the web on how to create the file and OpenPli even has a plugin(download from plugins) to allow you to set up the remotes.
I have not managed to make 2 dreamboxes work from the same remote, but you can use 2 dreambox remotes (or something like a logitech
harmony remote) to control 2 dreamboxes in the same location (again I dont have the link to hand but it is documented well on other threads). The one remote is used 'as is' while the other is set up through the buttons on the remote to be dreambox'2'.
It does not require any jtag programming.

Hi my friend thanks for the answer
I tried the OpenPli image ( the last beta from the official site ) but this directory was not present.
Nabilosat Darkstar2 I think it is much better than PLI. I use it for 5 years no reboots, no problems nothing for me is perfect.
I have 2 DM7020S and a VU+Uno HD (running Black Hole). I get the picture from all recievers to 4 rooms in my house and I can change channels to all recievers from all places.
So I have 4 DM remotes and 4 VU+ Remotes.
That is the reson I want to contol my DM's with 1 remote in each room
I have a very compicated system I had fix them all I am an electronic tecnitian.
Now I want to reposition the recievers and put one 7020S over the other and I will have remote conflict.
I had build a JP1 interface no problem with that, this is the first step I can program all remotes.
The other step is the one with the recievers, this directory doen't exist, I can create the subdirectories below proc , but what about the mask file, I cannot find it nowhere
If I had it I could give the telnet commands and check how the remote responds
Thanks in advance.

nikolakis0644

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greece
A question to BonceChops

I had followed exactly the below post to my two 7020S dreamboxs.
It is working perfecty, I contol both with one remote, with dream and aux function
Only one problem I had found very stange my opinion , I want to ask if you had found a solution.
The modified reciever is controlled with shift+Dream all is working perfectly exect one.
When I try to made a correction pressing numbers 0-9 ( try to add a new frequency, ot try to coreect network setting ) numbers are not respmonding, I had to press (dream) to ( the remote that changes the unmodified reciever to change the values in the modified one )
Very very strange, does this happens also to your reciever?
Thanks in advance

BonceChops said:
This post explains what file you need to change on a Dreamboox 7000 and how to modify your Dreambox remote so you can control the 7000 and another Dreambox with just one remote.

Before I did this I had to cover up the infra red receiver on the Dreambox I did not want to control as I have a 7025+ sat on top of a 7000.

The nice thing about this procedure is that it is software only on both the the Dreambox and the remote control. This means you can undo the procedure to return everything to standard by just replacing the original file on the Dreambox and reprogramming the remote with your original saved settings.

The first part of this mod is to add the new device setting to your remote with the modified codes for the Dreambox.

Using the ir.exe program from the remote forum linked above.

Open the file you downloaded from your remote control. Always save a backup of your original remote settings.
On the devices tab click add and copy this upgrade as shown in the picture below

6C 00 FE FE FE E0 00 40 20 3D 0E 0F 44 1A 10 00
11 00 12 00 13 00 14 00 15 00 16 00 17 00 18 00
19 00 1A 00 1B 00 78 00 1D 00 1E 00 1F 00 6A 00
6B 00 6C 00 5D 00 55 00 6D 00 56 00 57 00 58 00
59 00 5A 00 5B 00 74 00 75 00 76 00 77 00 1C 00
5C 00 79 00 6E 00 72 00 73 00 5E 00 5F 00 70 00
71 00

attachment.php

Then on the general tab you can set the AUX function to your new device as shown below

attachment.php

You can see in the above picture I have my volume punch through (VPT) set to the TV and on for Dream and AUX, this lets my remote control always operate my TV volume no matter which device is selected.

Thats the new device created and added to operate a modified Dreambox 7000.

You now need to be able to select the AUX device on your remote. For this I use shift-dream on your remote.

Go into the macro tab and click add to create a new macro. You need to set it up to look like the picture below

attachment.php

After clicking ok to accept the new macro your macro tab should look like this

attachment.php

Now you can save your modified file and upload it to your remote control.

If you now press shift then Dream and press buttons on the remote neither the Dream or the TV button will light up. This tells us at this stage we have selected the AUX device ok.

The second part of the mod is to set your Dreambox 7000 to accept the new remote control codes.

Download rcdm7000.xml from /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources
Save a copy of this file so you can put the original back if you need to.
Open the file in wordpad (notepad screws up the file format) and replace the keys section at the top of the file with the following lines. You should copy the lines from the attached file, I have put them here so you can see what they are. If you prefer you can just use my file attached instead of editing your own.

<keys>
<key name="0" code="10" picture="key.0" />
<key name="1" code="11" picture="key.1" />
<key name="2" code="12" picture="key.2" />
<key name="3" code="13" picture="key.3" />
<key name="4" code="14" picture="key.4" />
<key name="5" code="15" picture="key.5" />
<key name="6" code="16" picture="key.6" />
<key name="7" code="17" picture="key.7" />
<key name="8" code="18" picture="key.8" />
<key name="9" code="19" picture="key.9" />
<key name="volup" code="1a" />
<key name="voldown" code="1b" />
<key name="tv" code="1c" picture="key.15" />
<key name="bouqup" code="1d" />
<key name="bouqdown" code="1e" />
<key name="power" code="1f" />
<key name="dream" code="55" picture="key.13" />
<key name="up" code="56" />
<key name="down" code="57" />
<key name="left" code="58" />
<key name="right" code="59" />
<key name="ok" code="5a" />
<key name="audio" code="5b" picture="key.10" />
<key name="video" code="5c" picture="key.11" />
<key name="info" code="5d" picture="key.12" />
<key name="shift_red" code="5e" />
<key name="shift_green" code="5f" />
<key name="shift_yellow" code="70" />
<key name="shift_blue" code="71" />
<key name="record" code="73" picture="key.16" />
<key name="red" code="74" picture="key.17" />
<key name="green" code="75" picture="key.18" />
<key name="yellow" code="76" picture="key.19" />
<key name="blue" code="77" picture="key.20" />
<key name="mute" code="78" picture="key.31" />
<key name="text" code="79" picture="key.22" />
<key name="next" code="6a" picture="key.25" />
<key name="prev" code="6b" picture="key.24" />
<key name="LAME" code="6c" picture="key.21" />
<key name="radio" code="6d" picture="key.16" />
<key name="help" code="6e" picture="key.23" />
<key name="discrete_off" code="29"/>
<key name="discrete_on" code="2a"/>
</keys>

I have attached the original and modified files. Just remove everything after the .xml to use the files.

Upload your modified file (or just use mine that I have attached) to the Dreambox in /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources. When you restart your Dreambox 7000 it will no longer respond to your original remote control codes.