Puerto Rico Gran canaria plug in reception

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky subscription to TV and Dell Studio 16 laptop with Hauppauge digital tv tuner
My Location
Lancashire
Newbie here, sorry.

I stayed in the above resort in November and in the apartment there was a Digital LCD TV. The only English channels were Sky News, BBC world news and CNN (also "Movies for Men" but no comment on that). I have a quite up to date laptop with a Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T model 18109 digital tuner installed. I believe from what I could watch above that the satellite receiver is Astra 1 on 19e. I have no idea what that means but if I plug my laptop into the TV feed can I set my laptop to receive BBC and ITV? I have tried to understand the jargon on this website but get bogged down.
Anticipating a thumbs down, what could I realistically do to pick up BBC and ITV or is the task (1 to 3 meter dish in hand luggage for instance) too great?

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky subscription to TV and Dell Studio 16 laptop with Hauppauge digital tv tuner
My Location
Lancashire
Newbie here, sorry.

I stayed in the above resort in November and in the apartment there was a Digital LCD TV. The only English channels were Sky News, BBC world news and CNN (also "Movies for Men" but no comment on that). I have a quite up to date laptop with a Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T model 18109 digital tuner installed. I believe from what I could watch above that the satellite receiver is Astra 1 on 19e. I have no idea what that means but if I plug my laptop into the TV feed can I set my laptop to receive BBC and ITV? I have tried to understand the jargon on this website but get bogged down.
Anticipating a thumbs down, what could I realistically do to pick up BBC and ITV or is the task (1 to 3 meter dish in hand luggage for instance) too great?

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Forgot to mention, there is a WIFI port in reception but I was hoping to be able to stay in the apartment (8th floor).

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Forgot to mention, there is a WIFI port in reception but I was hoping to be able to stay in the apartment (8th floor).

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you are getting Movies4Men then the dish was aligned onto 28E.

For the Beeb etc you will need to sneak that big dish into your hand luggage :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you are getting Movies4Men then the dish was aligned onto 28E.

For the Beeb etc you will need to sneak that big dish into your hand luggage :)

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
In another apartment in a complex up the hill where some of my family stayed there was BBC and ITV but it corrupted after 8-9pm. If I stayed there could I not use that TV feed?

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
In another apartment in a complex up the hill where some of my family stayed there was BBC and ITV but it corrupted after 8-9pm. If I stayed there could I not use that TV feed?

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
I have just read that BBC and ITV can be viewed on 28E. All I need to do is buy a freesat receiver. Is this all there is to it:)? I suspect not but I have to ask.

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
I have just read that BBC and ITV can be viewed on 28E. All I need to do is buy a freesat receiver. Is this all there is to it:)? I suspect not but I have to ask.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need a big enough dish pointing at Astra 28.2 to receive BBC and ITV, so it will depend on the size of dish they have where you stay as to whether you will be able to receive them.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need a big enough dish pointing at Astra 28.2 to receive BBC and ITV, so it will depend on the size of dish they have where you stay as to whether you will be able to receive them.

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Just to give me one final idea of what I'm up against. I've attached an image of my families apartments. They got BBC and ITV up to 8 or 9 pm.
Is this dish the size needed to have any chance of BBC and ITV?

Attachments

• SDC10106crop.JPG
    SDC10106crop.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 31

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Just to give me one final idea of what I'm up against. I've attached an image of my families apartments. They got BBC and ITV up to 8 or 9 pm.
Is this dish the size needed to have any chance of BBC and ITV?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Only a local installer will be able to tell you that, we can't tell from a photo.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Only a local installer will be able to tell you that, we can't tell from a photo.

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
If you download ProgDVB and have Internet you can get BBC, Sky TV and a world of stuff to watch. InternetTV.

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
If you download ProgDVB and have Internet you can get BBC, Sky TV and a world of stuff to watch. InternetTV.

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Thanx for the replies...........more digging needed methinks :)

newhit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Thanx for the replies...........more digging needed methinks :)