Qbox HD worth buying?

marty80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra/Hotbird
My Location
UK
Hi, I'm planning to buy a HD receiver and the Qbox HD looks very promising. But I've read that the box is still not working very well and many features are not implemented yet.

Alternatives would be the Azbox Premium HD or Dreambox.

I really want a twin tuner, so the DM800 is no use. The DM9000 is just too expensive.

If ever implemented the Qbox HD will have more and better features than the Azbox. I also prefer the design of the Qbox.

Very important to me is also the networking cabability and support for Cccam.

So, is it worth it to buy one?

Cheers, Martin

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
So far, duolabs is constantly lying. So I won't invest into their receiver. For other mentioned ones, I have no idea.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Both the Q Box and AZ Boxes are works in progress, there isn't even an official firmware release for the AZ Box yet.
It might be wise to wait until a few weeks, maybe months, unless you want to help in the development of the receivers, by testing the software and reporting any bugs.

marty80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra/Hotbird
My Location
UK
Hi, thanks for your replies.

How was Duolabs lying? I think it is good to have some competition to the Dreambox. £1000 for the DM9000 is just ridiculous.

I think I will get a non-HD box after all. All HD stuff is still so expensive and there isn't a lot of HD content yet at all. In a way paying so much for HD equipment is for mugs. Just think about HDMI cables for £80, while you can get decent ones for £5 already.

Just my opinion...

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
You can have a look in the qboxhd section, lots of information there. It is getting better by the week, but there are still a lot of features that needs to be sorted. Cardssharing sort of works, at the moment it can only connect to a cccam server, but not act as one. I connect my box to my dreambox, so I haven't got a problem. But as suggested, wait a while longer and it will bee seen.

marty80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra/Hotbird
My Location
UK
Yes, I think it's best to wait, before paying a couple of hundred € for a new box. Maybe the prices, especially for HD will go down over time as well ;)