Recover Golden Media Wizard HD Receiver

shloime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
golden media wizard hd
My Location
italy
please someone help me
i'm have golden media wizard hd receiver and i'm do upgrade by usb Accidentally i'm put on my usb "ALI360X-upgrade-tool.zip that have abs file" i download it from .............................. after upgrade The reciever doesn't work it not go into operating system please if u can help tell what to do ? how i'm can upgrade it again !??

[warning]Live External Link removed - these are not permitted[/warning]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well if it's like other Boxes with ALI360x processors, it can probably be reflashed, using an earlier version of the firmware (either Downloaded for the purpose, or taken from a local Dump) using an RS232 cable between the Box and a suitably equipped (ie old!) PC.

shloime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
golden media wizard hd
My Location
italy
Tivù said:
Well if it's like other Boxes with ALI360x processors, it can probably be reflashed, using an earlier version of the firmware (either Downloaded for the purpose, or taken from a local Dump) using an RS232 cable between the Box and a suitably equipped (ie old!) PC.
I hope it works thank you very much

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Generally speaking, you should be able to find a Recovery Tool to help you - a small programme that you install on the PC that allows you to set up Comms on the RS232 cable.

I found one for Openbox/Skybox, which use ALI360x processors, but you may have to search the Internet for one specific to your own box.

Edit: A File called erom_upgrade_8Mflash might just do it: Lots of sites host it.

shloime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
golden media wizard hd
My Location
italy
Tivù said:
Generally speaking, you should be able to find a Recovery Tool to help you - a small programme that you install on the PC that allows you to set up Comms on the RS232 cable.

I found one for Openbox/Skybox, which use ALI360x processors, but you may have to search the Internet for one specific to your own box.

Edit: A File called erom_upgrade_8Mflash might just do it: Lots of sites host it.
ok so the first step to get rs232 cable after that i will try to install suitabe software thank u i hope it will work :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Do you have access to a PC with a Serial Port?

Laptops and Netbook tend not to have them - when I recovered my Skybox F3 I had to use my neighbour's ancient Dell PC!

shloime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
golden media wizard hd
My Location
italy
Tivù said:

yes i'm have but which cable u mean ? this one => i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/627457430/USB_RS232_DB9_or_DB25_Pin_Cable.jpg ?

shloime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
golden media wizard hd
My Location
italy
i'm searching on google for "rs232 cable" it showing 2 types cable which type exactly u mean? can u give me photo link?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
9 pin at both ends .............. don't think you can connect via USB, nor do converter cables work

Does your Receiver have a 9 pin RS232 socket?

Don't forget I'm not familiar with your exact Receiver, only with other boxes that use the same series of Chips - you might be advised to wait for someone with specific knowledge of the Golden Media Wizard HD to come along and advise you further.

It's not a Model known in the UK.

shloime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
golden media wizard hd
My Location
italy
Tivù said:
9 pin at both ends .............. don't think you can connect via USB, nor do converter cables work

Does your Receiver have a 9 pin RS232 socket?

Don't forget I'm not familiar with your exact Receiver, only with other boxes that use the same series of Chips - you might be advised to wait for someone with specific knowledge of the Golden Media Wizard HD to come along and advise you further.

It's not a Model known in the UK.
yes there 9 pin rs232 so u mean i'm should to buy cable like this => http://www.anstc.com/english/images/CMC-0700104A.jpg

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, that's the general type: But make sure it is also wired as a "Null Modem" cable ............ these differ from standard RS232 in that the wiring of two of the pins is reversed: That is essential and you'll find one no problem if you add the search term "Null Modem".

shloime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
golden media wizard hd
My Location
italy
But when I did the wrong update the device does not turn on even no led light on device why? Can it be?​

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No idea.

Did you by any chance disconnect the Dish cable? If so, maybe you shorted it out when reconnecting it.

Try to boot the Box without the Dish cable connected ...............................

More likely, the Bootloader simply doesn't recognise the Firmware as valid and doesn't know what to do with it.