Red Button Channels with Non-Freesat Box?

Talonade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Visionic Slim 3
My Location
France
I couldnt find an answer to this, though there are other threads on Red Button here. Ive just installed satellite on astra 28.2, with a "Visionic Slim 3", and I have nearly all the channels available with Freesat, but only one of the red button channels, T7 STRM 0 (BBC News Multiscreen).

Why am I not able to recieve the other RB channels?

I did an autotune which gave me all the channels I have now, with these settings:

Astra 28.2
Start freq 3700
End Freq 4000
Sample Rate 1: 28125
SR2: 4420
SR3: 5632
H+V
FTA+RADIO

(How come the freq are so much lower than TP ones? Why are there 3 SRs, is it audio and video?)

Using this list, http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html, I tried to add the relevant transponder to get the missing red button channels, so I entered these settings, in "Add TP":

freq 12441
V
sample rate 27500/22000
fta and all
network search off/on

There was no signal for these settings, is that why I cant get those RB channels? Could it be a limitation with my reciever that it cant pick them up? Im in the south of France btw, though signal for all other channels is great.

Basically, what do I need to do to be able to get the other Red Button channels? :)

Im new to satellite TV, so please forgive my likely ignorance and errors. Thank you for any help, trawling through Google has got me this far, now Im stuck!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Signal should be fine using standard search if you use

Frequency: 12441
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 27500
FEC: 2/3

But you may need to do the search when the channels are being used.

I'm not familiar with your receiver, so can't help with the search settings.