Red Button Interactive Service

jacton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9 Famaval dish with Humax Foxsat receiver Spanish TDT receiver
My Location
Algorfa Costa Blanca
I live on the Costa Blanca and am using a Humax Foxsat HD box for receiving Freesat with a 1.9 dish.

I was trying to watch the BBC interactive Football program but when pressing the red button it does not give me that option.

I know with my old Sky box it worked and I could watch all the football scores live with this service.

Is it because I am in the Costa Blanca or is this service not available with my Humax Foxsat HD box but only with Sky.

No other problems with the box and BBC HD picture is really very good

G

The Red Button applications for Freesat are not an exact mirror for those on Skyboxes.

Your Humax is working as it should.

JohnM40

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Community President (65 properties)in Costa Blanca, Spain. Dish 1.8 Prodeline, Viacom quad.
Humax HD.Receiver
Cabled to all community
My Location
Costa Blanca, Spain
Jacton, Amigo,

Re-scan your HUMAX HD selecting Freesat channels only. You will loose the SKY FTA channels incl. SKY NEWS.(no bad thing!)
You will gain the 8 day programme guide , the select and view later option and you will receive the red button service for BBC. You will also get the ITV HD option with the red button service when ITV is broadcast the HD signal.

If you scan all channels the receiver goes into a generic sat receiver mode and the above FREESAT options are deleted, hence the only now and then program guide.

Try it and let us know your result?

jacton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9 Famaval dish with Humax Foxsat receiver Spanish TDT receiver
My Location
Algorfa Costa Blanca
Hi JohnM40

I can get the BBC interactive service and ITV via the red button, but wasn't sure if I should be able to get the Saturday football Final Score program that I can get with my Sky box via the red button.

It seems this service is not available with the Freesat box oh well just have to use the old Sky box on Saturday afternoons only.