Advice Needed Satellite TV setup 4 LNB and 2 Receivers

mostwanted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
!
My Location
Greece
I would like to ask a question about a satellite TV setup.
Firstly, I should let you know that I don't have a comprehensive view of the setup, because it's a residential main setup in the roof of an apartment building on which I don't have access to. I know though that there are 4 LNBs in the same sat cable for each apartment. In my house I need to setup 2 receivers in 2 different sats of theirs and have them work at the same time. I asked some local electronics shops what can I do and I used a simple sat splitter with no luck. Then i used a [Multi-Switch Relay][1] with not so good results. I can switch from one receiver to the other but only for some hours. I think that the 5V output from the receiver SCARTs makes the 2nd receiver reboot and lose it's settings. I heard about the Stacker - Destacker solution but I read that it needs a great signal, good cable quality and small distance so that I can be really confident about it.
I'd like to ask for suggestions of a solid and reliable solution. Mind you, a new second cable isn't an option and I don't really care about the cost.
Thanks in advance.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I don't think you can run two receivers independently off one feed without changing the hardware at the dish end.

One thing you can do for very limited use is if one of the receivers has an LNB loop through facility then you can run the second (slave) receiver off the first (master) receiver. The second receiver will work normally when the first receiver is in standby. When the first receiver is on then most receivers with LNB loop through will just pass through the signals from the same satellite, polarity and band (high or low) that the first receiver is picking up. This means you can watch a few channels on the second receiver that match the satellite, polarity and band of the main receiver. Of course if someone using the first receiver changes channels it may disrupt the signal to the second receiver if it needs to change satellite, polarity or band...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want to use two receivers independently the ideal solution will be to get the management company for your property to run a second cable.

You may be able to use a stacker/destacker but you will still need access to the comms cupboard. You may find that the management company are not keen on this sort of solution though.