Help Required Satlink ws-6906 AV input video preview not working

Kihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My satlink ws-6906 AV INPUT preview not working
My Location
Pakistan
Hello eryone,
I have satlink ws-6906, satellite searching and AV output works fine but whan i want to use AV input it only plays audio but video is not working. I search alot but failed to get any solution from anywhere. Please help me to get the solution of AV input...

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Are you using the same cable for input and output? That would rule out the cable if it works for output. The socket may also have a bad solder connection. Perhaps the meter doesn't support the video format you are trying to input.

Kihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pakistan
Are you using the same cable for input and output? That would rule out the cable if it works for output. The socket may also have a bad solder connection. Perhaps the meter doesn't support the video format you are trying to input.
Yes i use the same cable. Can you please help me out..?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
What video format are you trying to input? If 50hz try 60hz or vice versa. Have you tried video from a different device?

Kihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pakistan
What video format are you trying to input? If 50hz try 60hz or vice versa. Have you tried video from a different device?
Yes i try different devices. Like tv out and cctv out . But no video received . Only audio received

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Has it ever worked correctly? Do both audio cables carry sound when connected to the input socket? Try each one seperately, it's not impossible the socket is incorrectly wired.

Kihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pakistan
Has it ever worked correctly? Do both audio cables carry sound when connected to the input socket? Try each one seperately, it's not impossible the socket is incorrectly wired.
Only audio works. Video not

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Only audio works. Video not
And do both audio inputs work independently? If yes then opening it up and checking the soldering is all I can suggest.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Are you sure the cable you are using to connect from the A/V source to the WS6906 is suitable to display video and play audio. What devices have you tried to connect and what cable are you using to make the connection.

Kihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pakistan
Are you sure the cable you are using to connect from the A/V source to the WS6906 is suitable to display video and play audio. What devices have you tried to connect and what cable are you using to make the connection.
Hello dear,
Today i try with another device. Android tv box. That device worked fine and shows video playback . But when i try tv out into satlink ws-6906 in than no video play there. What is the issue why tv out not play video in satlink ws-6906.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
You have three video options on the W6906. Auto/PAL/NTSC in the Settings section. Try selecting video option manually. Make sure the video option on your TV matches the one on your WS6906.

Kihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pakistan
You have three video options on the W6906. Auto/PAL/NTSC in the Settings section. Try selecting video option manually. Make sure the video option on your TV matches the one on your WS6906.

Kihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pakistan
This is not the problem. I try my android tv box output with av out lead. And in into my tv. And than i use tv AV out into my satlink ws-6906. That works fine. But when i se android tv box with Hdmi cable and use tv out into satlink ws-6906 it doesn't out video...

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
This is not the problem. I try my android tv box output with av out lead. And in into my tv. And than i use tv AV out into my satlink ws-6906. That works fine. But when i se android tv box with Hdmi cable and use tv out into satlink ws-6906 it doesn't out video...
The Android box may only be able to use one output at a time.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
What exactly are you trying to achieve. I cannot see anyone wanting to pass video into a WS6906 to view it. Is there something else you are not including here. You know the limitations of the WS6906 regarding video so you need to ensure you can match the video source out from the TV to the video in on the WS6906. Try a Scart fully populated from the TV to mini RCA WS6006.

Personally I wouldn’t even want to bother with video in to a WS6906. I don’t see why anyone would either.