Advice Needed Sea tel settings for sky

Kiwi64

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sea tel dac-2202
My Location
South of France
Hello, I'm on a yacht in the south of France and we are using a sea tel dac-2202 antenna control unit and we are unable to receive a signal. Does anyone know the right settings to enter into the controller

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
What parameters is the system asking for? What satellite or TV service are you wanting to get? If you're wanting Freesat then the satellite dish size is important - how large is yours?

EDIT

Just noticed that your thread title asks about $ly. If you mean $ly UK then dish size is important for the FTA channels (BBC, ITV C4, C5, etc) although less so for $ly's encrypted offerings. What does become important for $ly is which receiver you are using as it has to be one of their own and I have a feeling that there's a dedicated receiver incorporated into the satelite system.

Last edited:

Kiwi64

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sea tel dac-2202
My Location
South of France
What parameters is the system asking for? What satellite or TV service are you wanting to get? If you're wanting Freesat then the satellite dish size is important - how large is yours?

EDIT

Just noticed that your thread title asks about $ly. If you mean $ly UK then dish size is important for the FTA channels (BBC, ITV C4, C5, etc) although less so for $ly's encrypted offerings. What does become important for $ly is which receiver you are using as it has to be one of their own and I have a feeling that there's a dedicated receiver incorporated into the satelite system.

Thanks I've managed to get it all working, I think we just were not receiving a strong signal because as we approached the coast we began to capture sky, thx for all your help