Help Required Setting Up my New Channel Master 1.2m Satellite Dish on a Motorized Satellite Mount Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

danaddison

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100cm Sat dish on Superior Dark Motor Metal Gear DiSEqC 1.2-1.3 USALS GotoX, connected to ground pole
My Location
UK
Hey Again people only me so now i have my New Channel Master 1.2m Satellite Dish, and i now need help for how to set it up on a Motorized Satellite Mount Correctly, the mount i plan on getting will be the "Motorized Satellite Mount For Raven (Andrews/Channel Master) 1.8m Dish"

please provide links/step by step instructions on how to do this correctly thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Depends what type of motorised mount you have as to the procedure for setting it up.

There are quite a few topics on the forum covering the installation of various types of motorised mounts.
Perhaps a forum search will yield results?

danaddison

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100cm Sat dish on Superior Dark Motor Metal Gear DiSEqC 1.2-1.3 USALS GotoX, connected to ground pole
My Location
UK
Depends what type of motorised mount you have as to the procedure for setting it up.

There are quite a few topics on the forum covering the installation of various types of motorised mounts.
Perhaps a forum search will yield results?
the mount i plan on getting will be the "Motorized Satellite Mount For Raven (Andrews/Channel Master) 1.8m Dish", i started my own topic for this reason as i dont know whats the correct setup ones are on here so i made this topic for help to make it easier for myself, i want it set up like the pics attached (that someone on here sent me), but without the control box on the back, and would like help from others who have same dish/setup as im looking to complete :), and whats the best/safest way to mount such a large dish to such a mount without damaging anything (dish, mount and myself), also how many cables would i need to run to/from the dish? Like would i need 1 from the lnb to the superjack (if needed) and then another 1 from the superjack to my octagon sf8008? how do i get the superjack to move the dish? Etc, Video tutorials will be fine thanks

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
STOP.

You dont do ANYTHING until uou have worked out your pole mounting. So first of all you need to dig a big hole, put a hefty piece of pipe into it set EXACTLY vertical and pour a LOT of concrete around it. Whilst the concrete is curing (a week or two maybe?) you can worry about cable runs

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
the mount i plan on getting will be the "Motorized Satellite Mount For Raven (Andrews/Channel Master) 1.8m Dish", i started my own topic for this reason as i dont know whats the correct setup ones are on here so i made this topic for help to make it easier for myself, i want it set up like the pics attached (that someone on here sent me), but without the control box on the back, and would like help from others who have same dish/setup as im looking to complete :), and whats the best/safest way to mount such a large dish to such a mount without damaging anything (dish, mount and myself), also how many cables would i need to run to/from the dish? Like would i need 1 from the lnb to the superjack (if needed) and then another 1 from the superjack to my octagon sf8008? how do i get the superjack to move the dish? Etc, Video tutorials will be fine thanks

That mount is a polar mount with inclined orbit tracking. You need to follow the procedure for a polar mount.
As stated by @Analoguesat you need to organise anchorage for the mount and pole/stand before you start to move on to other aspects of your install.

A channel master 1.2m dish is not a large dish, one person can lift it.
However, to bolt it onto the polar mount it would be easier if you had an extra person to assist, one lifter and one bolt man.

With a 36V linear actuator, there are no cables directly connected to the actuator from the LNB.
The only cables connected to the actuator are M1, M2, Ground and Pulse (Sensor) unless you use an optical actuator in which case you need a 5V connection.
For this you will need some 4 core cable, personally I use cable with 1mm cores rather than lesser diameter cores. You could use thinner cores for the Ground and Pulse connections but for the M1 and M2 connection I would use 1mm cores.

You will need a controller for the actuator, a v-box is a decent choice for a controller.
You will also need some coax cable, my recommendation would be to get Webro WF100 cable or its equivalent unless the cables runs are excessively long in which case Webro WF125 can be used.

Good luck with your install, my advice as per my earlier reply remains, search the forum for topics and read them, installation of a polar mount is the type of topic to search for.
Similarly, there are topics on the forum about LNB coaxial cable and v-box controllers, I recommend searching and reading these topics.

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

The info on the tripod section is not relevant to the CM offset reflector.

Status
Not open for further replies.