hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
fla_independent said:
Thanks for the tips! I'll check out bfsat - sounds good!
2galli have a good reputation as well...

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I've only ever ordered from BF Sat once before (through Amazon) and they were a tad slower with delivery than 2 Galli. There were no problems with what I ordered though.

It's a shame there isn't a decent satellite shop within reasonable driving distance of Normandy. The better brico's, Leroy Merlin and Brico Depot, carry a bigger stock of dishes and LNB's etc. But both are at least a 3 hour round trip for me and even then you can't be sure of them having what you want in stock.

Reaction score
Website
www.independentliving.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Elap motorised satellite dish and digital receiver disecq 1.2
My Location
Normandy, France
sonnetpete said:
I've only ever ordered from BF Sat once before (through Amazon) and they were a tad slower with delivery than 2 Galli. There were no problems with what I ordered though.

It's a shame there isn't a decent satellite shop within reasonable driving distance of Normandy. The better brico's, Leroy Merlin and Brico Depot, carry a bigger stock of dishes and LNB's etc. But both are at least a 3 hour round trip for me and even then you can't be sure of them having what you want in stock.
2 Galli is new to me, so I'll certainly check them out. Just last week ordered some coaxial connectors from BF Sat – like you, via Amazon – arrived okay, not fantastically fast. I'm thinking Bricodepot for LNBs, that's where I bought the dishes in the first place. Not my favourite store, but not too far, and probably the least expensive... need to go there for some plumbing supplies anyway ;)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I've had lots of stuff from 2 Galli, including my 1.2 Laminas dish and can recommend them. The only other firm I use is HM Sat in Germany. They actually take about the same time to deliver as 2 Galli, as they use courier and 2 Galli the French postal service. I'd also recommend them highly.

My nearest Bricodepot is in Rennes. I live on the border of Manche and Mayenne and close to Ille et Villaine too. I've only been a couple of times....first time spending over €1000 on central heating supplies (radiators, towel rail and pipe work) and a new shower cabinet.....it's not a place I frequent often, too easy to empty your wallet...

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
fla_independent said:
2 Galli is new to me, so I'll certainly check them out. Just last week ordered some coaxial connectors from BF Sat – like you, via Amazon – arrived okay, not fantastically fast. I'm thinking Bricodepot for LNBs, that's where I bought the dishes in the first place. Not my favourite store, but not too far, and probably the least expensive... need to go there for some plumbing supplies anyway ;)
If I'm ordering satellite gear from Amazon these days I tend to go for German suppliers - delivery takes longer of course, but I find the prices are generally better.