1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SilverCrest SL 65

Discussion in 'Satellite Systems - What to Buy - What to install' started by franticfly, Jun 9, 2009.

1. franticfly

franticfly Member

My Satellite Setup:
    silver crest portable satellit reciever ( lidl 2009 )
    My Location:
    uk scotland
    want to know how to unscramble / unlock channels on silvrcrest portable satellite reciever, recently purchased from lidls 8/6/09. would appreciate any information or knowledge as in a full explination,of how to.... if possible . thanks....

ps dont know if i have placed this in th correct section 1st time user on tis forum
    apology's to everyone if i have done this wrong.

2. Topper

Topper Amo Amas Amant Admin Staff Member

My Satellite Setup:
    IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
    1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
    My Location:
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Welcome to the forum franticfly

First question, before anyone can answer you is what is it you are wanting to unscramble? which satellite? what channels?

3. franticfly

franticfly Member

My Satellite Setup:
    silver crest portable satellit reciever ( lidl 2009 )
    My Location:
    uk scotland
    thanks for your welcoming

its a lidl's suitcase portable satellite reciever silvercrest sl65 /12 model.

question..

is it possible to unscramble channels /and / or recieve all subscription channels free. can this be achieved and how .

4. Tivù

Tivù Tout Rond Bon Oeuf Staff Member

My Satellite Setup:
    See Signature
    My Location:
    N.Yorks Moors
    The SL65 is a tricky beast for that sort of thing - it depends upon what exactly chip set it has, amongst other things.

Unfortunately the purchase date doesn't necessarily give us a clue and you may have to open it up to find out what you've got.

When I researched this for myself, I gave up .......................

5. Topper

Topper Amo Amas Amant Admin Staff Member

My Satellite Setup:
    IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
    1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
    My Location:
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Which as Tivu has already mentioned is not really suitable as some can be flashed and some cannot. If you search the forums you should find some pictures of the chips that can and cannot.

Sorry those days are long gone, there are some stb's available that can still open Digi 1 deg West but they are currently swapping out cards. I am afraid you have bought an SD FTA stb and as such it is only fit for that purpose. The only other option is card sharing but that is another facet to this hobby using a Linux based stb which requires a lot of reading about and offers no guaranteed viewing of encrypted channels