Simplified Web based interface for AZbox Elite HD.

seanbranagh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Sky+, 80cm motorized, AZBox Elite HD (Testing purposes for work). 2 PC's 1 Laptop, 2 Servers including CentOS Web server: www.seanbranagh.ie Cisco 2611, 8 Public IP's currently with Plus Net Business.
My Location
Ireland
I work for a company that streams live sporting feeds to clients on the internet. This is all perfectly legitimate. We use a large number of AZboxes both here and in the US (remotely) due to their ability to decode Mpeg 422 and their ability to work with BISS.

I have been given a project to create a simplified web based interface using PHP for the AZ boxes similiar to that found on Tanberg receivers (which we also use). The aim is to have a simple web form to be able to enter transponder and BISS key information directly into the box. The boxes do not need a list of satellites or transponders, just one transponder entered and used at a time. Is this even possible and where would I start?
I have some experience with Linux (CentOS) and PHP.
I have been given one of the boxes to work on and so far I have created a web remote control which is faster than others I have found but still not what we are looking for. I would be very grateful for any information. Thank you.

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
There's a lot of information on the Azbox on the satpimps forum.

Some people there have developed enigma2 from the Dreambox to work on the Azbox. Its not fully finished but is working.

Let me know how you get on. I've a premium plus in dublin and any developments are good.

The tanberg receiver would be a little more expensive than an Azbox I'd say.

I tried to send you a private message as well but you might not have enough posts to get them.

Hope this helps