Fortec Star Innovation
My Location
North East

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Here's a couple of pictures of how it needs to be skewed for Astra 19.2 from Berkshire.

The skew for that satellite from this location should be 15 degrees clockwise, but as can be seen from the photo, what is actually required is around 40 degrees anti-clockwise.

The LNB does have a feint scale on the top, but many users will miss this and assume that the cable connector should be at the bottom and more or less vertical.:)

Attachments

• icecrypt_package_P2012021.jpg
    icecrypt_package_P2012021.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 194
  • icecrypt_1_P1312014.jpg
    icecrypt_1_P1312014.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 263
  • icecrypt_2_P1312015.jpg
    icecrypt_2_P1312015.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 356
  • icecrypt_3_P1312019.jpg
    icecrypt_3_P1312019.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 236
G

Thanks for that clear and unambiguous illustration of the issue (Issue as opposed to problem - just a minor trap for the unwary, but so easily resolved).

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks, had forgotten to add that there is a scale on the top, but it is easy to miss.:)

Have now added it.:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice info Rolf :)

oh no, what dish is that ?, lol

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No idea, it was a bit flimsy though, the customer bought it all as a package on the internet, it does however work OK.:)

bobble22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation HD, HH100 DiSEqC Motorised, 90cm Dish.
My Location
U.K.
Rolf what a great bit of information, I was loosing hope with the whole lot, it took hours to set up the Maplin kit, the bracket pole was inadequate for the massive motor clamp, as were the wall fixings, then I spent the whole weekend getting to grips with finding satellites and the arc, after hours of trying to find 28.2 and the UK channels, read your thread and hoorah- 98% and I'm holding all the positions on the others, fingers crossed!! Now for getting the box customised for what I want! Cheers

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
This LNB seems to be direct clone of Turkish made Next & NextStar YE-122 LNB, which also has same problem.

check picture here:

_http://www.digium.net/urun.php?urun=goster&id=33

satbadger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec star offset dish. Fortec star motor.
Fortec star 0.2 FCKUVN LNB.
Technomate 6900 Super
Manhatten Plaza ST550 Reciever
My Location
Hants
Thanks to everyone on this site (Cheers Guys) I now get a signal from the FCkIN LNB. I currently have it on its faint zero marking.
My question is assuming I twist it for best quality and signal values on say 1 degree west Thor, will it need to be tweaked again physically for say 28.2 or Hispasat when the dish drives round? Will I just have to compromise for all Sats?
Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, should be fine for the other satellites, as the motor skews the whole dish as it travels the arc.:)

satbadger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec star offset dish. Fortec star motor.
Fortec star 0.2 FCKUVN LNB.
Technomate 6900 Super
Manhatten Plaza ST550 Reciever
My Location
Hants
Thanks Rolf.
Does make you wonder though doesnt it, how many poor people are still struggling with this LNB who dont have the benifit of this excellent forum.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I've encountered a couple in the past couple of weeks, the markings are so feint that they don't notice them, if indeed they look for them in the first place, most people assume that the cable exit will be vertical at zero skew.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Caught me out also on one recently trying to set up a dish without spectrum display, then remembered. If you look hard enough, the markings are there, same with the MTI :)

bertieboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat using astra 2b with fortec star dish
My Location
SE england
Another thanks from a frustrated Fortec Star FSKUVN user - pity they can't put info on their web site!

Martinauc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion Plus
My Location
East Yorkshire
Thanks to you all, had the signal but no channels apart from ch4 and france
moved the LNB and it works even with a 60 percent signal it is rock solid
Someone should inform Maplin and others about this problem !!

Thanks again

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat
My Location
Powys
Hi All,
Havr read this thread with great interest as I have just purchased a FSKUVN from Maplin and about to start work installing dish etc. My questions:

Has any one any idea what exactly the markings refer to on the LNB. As there is a 'central mark' should this be on the bottom or top?

How many degrees does anyone assume that the divisions represent?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The central notch on the top should be zero Skew (for a directly due South satellite, or motorised setup), how much skew you apply will depend on which satellite you are trying to receive.

No idea what the graduations indicate, possibly 5 degrees, but as I use a meter to install, I never look at them.

paulxh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+HD with 60cm dish and FSKUVN, Windows laptop
My Location
Essex
A big thank you to rolfw, and others posting here. As a new Passion+HD kit owner I spent a frustrating and depressing Sunday trying to get my new system to work using the standard configuration setup, including a clockwise skew. It never occured to me that the LNB would be different from others. If only the instructions had been clear (they were almost non existent) I could have spent a happy evening watching HD TV. Now I'll be able to finish the job this evening. Thank you all again.

juncal3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax PVR Foxsat
Home network wifi
My Location
Spain
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the alignment drawing/graphic is no longer available on the link. Is it possible to post it again please.

Best Regards

John (juncal3)

uksnatcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
no sat yet
My Location
UK
Thanks SOOO much.

Spun the lnb....hey presto....channels galore.

Spot on pal, shame it took me 6hrs of ladder hopping about before I sought help.