Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKYQ
My Location
manchester
i am planning on installing a multiswitch for sky q

9 flats (9 sky q master boxes)

im planning on sticking in a triax 60cm dish with hl hh vh vl lnb

do i need 2 feeds in each flat to service this or do sky bring some kind of splitter with them

please advise

thanks chris

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Why are Sky not doing the outside (or inside) work if you are asking about distribution ?

Which splitter do you think is required ?

Do the satellite signals require combining with terrestrial on an existing cable path?

bowden2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKYQ
My Location
manchester
Freeview via the multiswitch will be going though it also is it connected the same way as the old sky plus boxes was 2 feeds to eatch main socket master sky q box.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
12 way dSCR with terrestrial input, one feed to each living room will suffice for Q, if someone wants to use Sky+HD, they can use a 2 way power pass splitter and put the box in SCR mode. If you have two feeds to each apartment living room, then you can always loopt through to a conventional 12 way multiswitch for second universal sat feed.

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
From what I can see, if the terrestrial was already diplexed with one of the original feeds, then you will need to change all outlet plates in the flats to twin with power pass, and anyone not taking up the sky service will need to have a cable adapter for their television input.

bowden2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKYQ
My Location
manchester
The sky q box has 2 inputs for the sat dish so I’m not sure it will work on just the one unless sky supply some sort of splitter and can the mini boxes be used with just the one feed

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The terrestrial output will be on one of the two ports that comes in, so Q is satisfied, and HD users will have to change to SCR input. But Freeview only users (and those running a dual frequency system) will have to convert from what is now an f plug system to Belling Lee with the revised sockets/cable inputs.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Three things.

A. Sky Q boxes working off a dSCR switch only require one input on the box connected and need to be put into SCR mode, it's in the installer menu. sky HD+ boxes can also work off a single feed from a dSCR switch, but require both inputs connected via a two way power pass splitter and need to be placed in SCR mode, again in the installer menu (Sky will not supply this).

B. Sky Q mini boxes connect via Wifi to the main Q box and do not require a feed from the switch.

C. A standard triplexed outlet or module is used with a dSCR switch, or twin if you are also running a standard universal feed from a standard multiswitch.

mickwig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240cm Raven Offset, Invacomm Quad LNB;
120 cm Kathrein PF Polarmount, Kathrein Quattro LNB
90cm Astra1 dish;
Samsung LED TV with built-in DVB-S, Panasonic BlueRay Rec with Twin-Tuner, Panasonic BSkyB-Box 1.Generation; TBS5925 USB Card
My Location
49.77N;11.41E Pottenstein, Germany
I have got a 240 offset which is connected to 9in 16 out together with a 2nd dish for Astra 1. Will the Sky q box work on just 1 input or do I have to supply at least 2 inputs for it to work? Recording is not really necessary.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I have got a 240 offset which is connected to 9in 16 out together with a 2nd dish for Astra 1. Will the Sky q box work on just 1 input or do I have to supply at least 2 inputs for it to work? Recording is not really necessary.
Sky Q requires either dual feeds fro a wideband LNB, one H, one V. Otherwise it can work with a single feed from a dSCR switch or converter and be set in SCR mode. If you want it to work from your 9x16 multiswitch, you will need to use four outputs from your 16 way switch, you will have to install a dSCR adapter like this. Triax TMDS-42C dSCR Multiswitch for Sky Q™

mickwig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240cm Raven Offset, Invacomm Quad LNB;
120 cm Kathrein PF Polarmount, Kathrein Quattro LNB
90cm Astra1 dish;
Samsung LED TV with built-in DVB-S, Panasonic BlueRay Rec with Twin-Tuner, Panasonic BSkyB-Box 1.Generation; TBS5925 USB Card
My Location
49.77N;11.41E Pottenstein, Germany
Do Sky still send out SkyHD+ Boxes? And will that box work with single input? As I mentioned before recording is not realyy necessary.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Do Sky still send out SkyHD+ Boxes? And will that box work with single input? As I mentioned before recording is not realyy necessary.
Sky HD box will work on a single feed, you need to go into the installer menu and set to single feed mode.