softcam.key help for s2emu

ipuggle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 pci card(driver 4.4)
using progdvb(latest) and s2emu(v1.26)
most likely to use astra 19.2E, but if possible i'll switch to astra 28 for skyuk
My Location
switzerland
hey...
i just got the skystar2 pci card and it works great with all the free to air channels. i have my dish pointed at astra 19.2 so i've tried to get some pay tv channels as well. i have progdvb, the latest version, and s2emu(v1.26).
i am really new to all this, so i need some help with the softcam.key file...
my goal is to get some encrypted channels like premiere or the spanish canal+ or french pay-tv.
so far my progdvb s2emu plugin info said there was a seca2.cfg missing, and sometimes it showed me "incorrect key".
how do i fix this? how do you edit/update your softcam.key file, so it has all the latest codes? what exactly is a softcam.key file? how exactly do you put the codes into a softcam.key file? are these pay-tv services(especially premiere) hack-able at this time? should i switch to astra 28 with skyuk?

thanks for your help. it is much appreciated

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres not much open on 19E. :D

If you switch to 28e you will only get the fta stuff.

ipuggle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
most likely to use astra 19.2E, but if possible i'll switch to astra 28 for skyuk
My Location
switzerland
ok. so let's say i have downloaded the latest softcam.key file and it keeps saying incorrect key. can i manually change some lines according to some hex codes i see online to make it work? how do i do that? is this "closed up" situation on astra19.2 likely to change soon?
should i switch to hotbird 13E, are there more encryption openings there?
my goal is it to get movies in english and some sports channels....
thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Most of the English channels are on 28E. Theres a bit open on 13E but you will be changing keys regularly - TPS has 30 minute key changes so you need to find a key bundle with a weeks worth of keys in it.

If you are wanting things like ART for Premiership footy then you are going to be disappointed as they are secure scrambled.

Can help with where you put what as Ive never used a pc card.

ipuggle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
switzerland
oh okay. thanks for your help.
what do you mean by tbs? if i get this week bundle of keys, do i need to alter some keys in the editor, or will it work as is?

nfu

Yin & Yang
Reaction score
Website
www.google.pt
My Satellite Setup
NeotionBox 601S-SC-DVR + 80GB | Kaon KSC-E575 | TechniSat SkyStar 2 PCI | 1x45cm + 1x80cm dish | Hispasat + Astra + Hotbird
My Location
PT
It's not tbs, it's TPS (Television par Satellite)- a french bouquet, check it's home page at: www.tps.fr

You can also check it's bouquet transmission details here: www.lyngsat.com/packages/tps.html

ipuggle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
switzerland
oh okay. sounds good.
now if i wanted to get single encrypted channels, say swiss tv, could i just go to the plugin tab in progdvb and enter a correct key in the info window, or would i have to get separate softcam.key, or would i have to add the specific code into the tps softcam.key file?

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria

arfster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 dish w/ 4 LNBs (13E, 19E, 23.5E, 28E), Skystar2 2.6 with March beta drivers, Vista, DVBViewer.
My Location
Edinburgh
Proggies like vplug automate the TPS key update - when you select the server, it downloads the latest key. Totally transparent.

On 19E, D+ is also open, which has masses of free premiership/spanish football, films, Fox (Sky One equivalent) etc. Only tends to last a few days though, so if you have to pick a single direction for your dish, go with 13E for TPS. They have lots of premiership football also - only problem is no Spanish football :-(

As to your Q about the softcam.key file - basically you find a site with regular updates, and dload them every few days. This has keys for everything currently open, so you don't manually have to do anything - you just click the channel, and vplug decrypts it. One minor quibble is that it sometimes confuses Nagra1 and Nagra2 keys, so just delete the entire Nagra1 section in the softcam.key file when you get it.

ipuggle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
switzerland
thanks a lot. i just set this up. now i just tried to click on some encrypted channels and what struck me as weird was in the bottem left corner of progdvb there is a tiny square, that is green if the channel is fta. now with some channels like the scy fi channel or premiere1 it was green with a little black padlock on it. and in the vplug info monitor window it said that vplug can decrypt it, but nothing came. what's that about?
also what channels are d+?

vaiouser

Reaction score
Sir Bronking said:
i suggest you point to 13e at the mo...
download latest vplug (this is another plugin) from http://www.dvbskystar.com/dvbindex.html get latest softcam key and v aes.db if you know where to look

Thanks a lot !! Using your info now I'm able to see Multi...
How about other TV visible ?
On 19E only D+ ?
After many months of absence, the S2emu and Yankse has gone ?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
D+ is up and down every few days at the moment, it's just a matter of catching it right.
There are other things open on different sats at the moment if you have a motor.

Yankse hasn't had a new ver. for ages and S2emu doesn't do as much as VPlug.

Rgds

L.:)