Talk about flogging a dead donkey!!!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I was at Burnley indoor market today, all sorts for sale too, and there was one guy selling sky boxes and computer bits, and, 2 old blue (that's Analogue old blue!!!) sky cards!!! I said to him they're only good for ice scrapers but he said to me "You use them to get the free channels", and when I said that they were from the old long gone Analogue Sky days, and he said "yeah, you use them in analogue boxes for the free channels", I was just astounded!!! If anyone's gullible enough to believe that, then they really are pillocks!!!
:-deadhorse

The cards in question were the same as the ones in Analoguesat's Focus On... page, here:

http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/skycard.html

The top blue one is the one the guy was selling, nice ice scraper... :-rofl2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, doesn't surprise me, but he is right, you use them for the free to air channels and they will get you free to air channels in any receiver on any satellite. :-lmao

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yeah but.....if someone buys them, then its no longer free to air! :rolleyes: