TM600 USB HDD Problem

fastglass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Old Sky minidish, Philex 80cm dish, Triax TD88 dish, Humax Foxsat HD receiver, Technomate TM600 receiver.
My Location
Notts, UK @ 53.14N
I am toying with my new TM600, and have got to the stage of trying out the PVR capabilities.

For now, I have decided to use a 2GB memory stick (formatted on the PC as FAT32) as a trial PVR device.

However, when it comes to inserting into the TM600, I get the meessage 'Initializing USB' - recognizing that a device has been plugged-in, but then tells me that the disk size is 'zilch'. I then continue to receive the message 'failed to initialize disc' when trying to format using the receiver's 'format usb' function.

This has happened with my 1TB external HDD also, and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Am I missing something somewhere? (internet searching has not helped thus far!)

FG

wyvernrider

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm600
windoes xp home - laptop
windows xp64 pro - desk station
My Location
UK
I have the same problem with a memory stick and hdd. In addition my tm600 only recognises them when plugged into the front usb port. The rear one always shows "empty" even when either device is plugged in.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

wyvernrider

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm600
windoes xp home - laptop
My Location
UK
I formatted a memory stick with Fat32 and my tm600 has now found it.
Went through menus to format the stick for the tm600, all seemed to go well, but after long delay got message "creating filesystem failed".
A search of web found no help, any suggestions would be appreciated

A nonymous

Reaction score
Have you tried asking the box to format the stick. I never used a usb stick within the short amount of time i had mine before the unit did my crust in. I know the USB stick doesn't seem to function correctly in my DM7020 unless its formatted with a linux file system.

Stands a chance it may be the same issue with the TM600.

Nano

wyvernrider

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm600
windoes xp home - laptop
My Location
UK
Thanks for the reply
Went through tm600 menus to format the stick, all seemed to go well, but after long delay got message "creating filesystem failed".
Any idea what causes this message?

A nonymous

Reaction score
Have you tried using different usb slots like the one in the back or the one at the front. Probably won't make any difference but it might work.

It probably doesn't like your USB Stick. Suggest trying a different make :D

I get it with my DM7020 units. They both work with Sandisk Cruzer sticks but only one works with the Kingston sticks.

Its a bit strange considering they are both running the same image and are the same units.

Nano

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
USB sticks are notoriously fickle (As are SD cards).

Always have two or three different types to hand.