1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV + FM/DAB + Satellite triplexed surface outlet plate

Discussion in 'Freesat digital TV support forum' started by spike47, Jan 13, 2013.

1. spike47

spike47 Member

My Satellite Setup:
    Sky dish on Freesat and Aerial on Freeview .both piped down to lounge TV and Bed 1 and a Sat cable to Bed 2 .
    My Location:
    Skelton , Saltburn-by-the-Sea Yorkshire
    Hi

I am wanting to buy a back plate to put a cable from my Aerial and a Cable from my dish into my bedroom ,the question is , the back plate I have seen as below , only has one inlet ! . " TV + FM/DAB + Satellite triplexed surface outlet plate ", so how do I connect my Aerial and Sat cables to it ! .

cheers

spike

Attached Files:

2. PaulR

PaulR Dazed and Confused Mod Staff Member

My Satellite Setup:
    --------See sig--------
    My Location:
    Wirral, NW England; Vaucluse 84, SE France
    If you have two sources (satellite and terrestrial TV) you need a diplexer to combine the signals into one cable. If you a third source (FM radio and/or DA:cool: then you need another triplexer to combine them.

If you already have two cables into the room then it might be an idea to buy a faceplate with two separated outlets or even a blanl plate and then drill two holes and make your own. You need two F type barrel connectors and two F plugs and will probably give the best connection.

3. rolfw

rolfw Believe it when I see it Admin. Staff Member

My Satellite Setup:
    See signature
    My Location:
    Berkshire
    You can use two modules in a grid plate, one satellite and one UHF, or a triplexed plate with a second satellite feed. www.satelliteandaerialsupplies.com/product/?s=global-triplex-tvfmif-outlet-plate-return-4-output

Or you can use the one you show, using a diplexer externally to combine TV and satellite into one cable. www.satelliteandaerialsupplies.com/product/?s=global-dip2-ifuhfvhf-combiner

Or perhaps a brush outlet plate www.satelliteandaerialsupplies.com/product/?s=labgear-70435-brush-cable-entry-exit-faceplate-1-gang-white

4. spike47

spike47 Member

My Satellite Setup:
    Sky dish on Freesat and Aerial on Freeview .both piped down to lounge TV and Bed 1 and a Sat cable to Bed 2 .
    My Location:
    Hi

Thanks for your reply , when you say , " you need a diplexer to combine the signals into one cable. " not sure where that one cable would go , into the back of the Triplex as in my first Post !! , what I need is a Sat feed to my Digi box and a UHF feed to my TV ( built in freeview ) .

spike

5. rolfw

rolfw Believe it when I see it Admin. Staff Member

My Satellite Setup:
    See signature
    My Location:
    Berkshire
    The diplexer would go outside, then you could use that plate inside.

6. spike47

spike47 Member

My Satellite Setup:
    My Location:
    Hi rolfw

Thanks for that info , now I understand , I think I will just put another box in the room with another cable into it .
    off back to bed now .
    cheers

spike

7. PaulR

PaulR Dazed and Confused Mod Staff Member

My Satellite Setup:
    --------See sig--------
    My Location:
    Wirral, NW England; Vaucluse 84, SE France
    Why not do as I suggested and put the two cables into one box but then put a plate on with two outlets? It's dead easy to make your own up with a blank plate, 2 F plugs and two F barrel connectors with nuts. Drill the plate symmetrically so it looks nice, I think a 9.5mm (actually 3/8") drill is needed. Your only problem is getting hold oif the barrel connectors with nuts - most come without and you have to search them out.

8. spike47

spike47 Member

My Satellite Setup:
    My Location:
    Hi Paul

Yes that is the best and neatest way , off now to get the bits .

thanks again for your help , what would we do without FORUMS .

cheers

spike