TV + FM/DAB + Satellite triplexed surface outlet plate

spike47

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish on Freesat and Aerial on Freeview .both piped down to lounge TV and Bed 1 and a Sat cable to Bed 2 .
My Location
Skelton , Saltburn-by-the-Sea Yorkshire
Hi

I am wanting to buy a back plate to put a cable from my Aerial and a Cable from my dish into my bedroom ,the question is , the back plate I have seen as below , only has one inlet ! . " TV + FM/DAB + Satellite triplexed surface outlet plate ", so how do I connect my Aerial and Sat cables to it ! .

cheers

spike

Attachments

• Trilplex back plate.jpg
    Trilplex back plate.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 60

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If you have two sources (satellite and terrestrial TV) you need a diplexer to combine the signals into one cable. If you a third source (FM radio and/or DA:cool: then you need another triplexer to combine them.

If you already have two cables into the room then it might be an idea to buy a faceplate with two separated outlets or even a blanl plate and then drill two holes and make your own. You need two F type barrel connectors and two F plugs and will probably give the best connection.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can use two modules in a grid plate, one satellite and one UHF, or a triplexed plate with a second satellite feed. www.satelliteandaerialsupplies.com/product/?s=global-triplex-tvfmif-outlet-plate-return-4-output

Or you can use the one you show, using a diplexer externally to combine TV and satellite into one cable. www.satelliteandaerialsupplies.com/product/?s=global-dip2-ifuhfvhf-combiner

Or perhaps a brush outlet plate www.satelliteandaerialsupplies.com/product/?s=labgear-70435-brush-cable-entry-exit-faceplate-1-gang-white

spike47

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish on Freesat and Aerial on Freeview .both piped down to lounge TV and Bed 1 and a Sat cable to Bed 2 .
My Location
PaulR said:
If you have two sources (satellite and terrestrial TV) you need a diplexer to combine the signals into one cable. If you a third source (FM radio and/or DA:cool: then you need another triplexer to combine them.

If you already have two cables into the room then it might be an idea to buy a faceplate with two separated outlets or even a blanl plate and then drill two holes and make your own. You need two F type barrel connectors and two F plugs and will probably give the best connection.
Hi

Thanks for your reply , when you say , " you need a diplexer to combine the signals into one cable. " not sure where that one cable would go , into the back of the Triplex as in my first Post !! , what I need is a Sat feed to my Digi box and a UHF feed to my TV ( built in freeview ) .

spike

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The diplexer would go outside, then you could use that plate inside.

spike47

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
The diplexer would go outside, then you could use that plate inside.
Hi rolfw

Thanks for that info , now I understand , I think I will just put another box in the room with another cable into it .
off back to bed now .
cheers

spike

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Why not do as I suggested and put the two cables into one box but then put a plate on with two outlets? It's dead easy to make your own up with a blank plate, 2 F plugs and two F barrel connectors with nuts. Drill the plate symmetrically so it looks nice, I think a 9.5mm (actually 3/8") drill is needed. Your only problem is getting hold oif the barrel connectors with nuts - most come without and you have to search them out.

spike47

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Paul

Yes that is the best and neatest way , off now to get the bits .

thanks again for your help , what would we do without FORUMS .

cheers

spike