Twin hybrid lnb

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is there such a thing ?

Of course Sky would not be happy if the Wideband LNB on their dish could work with a Freesat dish if the subscribers thought they were paying over the odds for content but it does make you think there is a market for such a device.

Conversely should the property change hands and Sky is once again flavour of the month then there would be no ladder work required.

Last edited:

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
No only the twin wideband from Sky - why would Sky market a twin hybrid to easily allow customers to esily revert, you are joking aren't you?
For anyone else to make would depend on whether Sky hold a patent on the intelligent switching part required by Sky Q.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
So, why are six (and now four ) way hybrids fitted when their cost must be a few shekels more than a twin unit ?

Is there a shortage on standard twin supplies ?

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
So, why are six (and now four ) way hybrids fitted when their cost must be a few shekels more than a twin unit ?

Is there a shortage on standard twin supplies ?
To cater for those with additional non Sky sat receivers/TVs in the house who may not have chosen Sky Q otherwise - think about it - quite a market there.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
SkyQ only functions through a single LNB, with twin ports.

Other televisions are catered for by the reliable wireless system that runs between the main box and slave Qunits .

Think about it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I will NEVERmove over to SkyQ. If they try to force me then the the subs gets cancelled. I only keep it going to keep the missus quiet. :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
SkyQ only functions through a single LNB, with twin ports.

Other televisions are catered for by the reliable wireless system that runs between the main box and slave Qunits .

Think about it.
They'll fit hybrids where people have no terrestrial aerial system and multiple TVs need to be served, but not with subscription channels, otherwise it's the dual port wideband LNB. There are other wideband LNBs now available, but no real demand at present for twin dual port wideband products. This may of course change, but it probably won't be Sky who produce them.