Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star platinum

Astra 19E and Hotbird
Panasonic TX-37LZD81
Astra2 Freesat
My Location
Lancashire UK
I currently have a system using a dual LNB tuned to Hotbird13 and Astra 19.2 via a Fortec FSIr-5400 receiver .

I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic Freesat 37" set and would like to use the existing dish to receive Astra 28.2 and 19.2 (for the German and French HD broadcasts). Would it be possible to use the existing dish after reorienting the dish/LNB or would I need a new dish/LNB?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
What size is your existing dish? you could leave your setup as is and us an offset arm if your dish is big enough. If your dish is not big enough then it would appear you have a 6 degree monobloc, although you are calling it a dual lnb, if you are talking about 2 separate lnb's then they could probably be altered to accomodate the two you require if not and you have a monobloc once set to 28.2 deg East there would not be enough separation to get 19.2 as they are 9 degree apart not 6.

s9904055

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird 13E
My Location
Scotland
I am currently subscribed to the chinese channel TVBS and I believe that my dish is pointed at Hotbird 13 East. Will I need to rotate it in order to satisty freesat's requirements?

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes. (But then you will lose access to the Chinese channel!)

regen70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star platinum

Astra 19E and Hotbird
Panasonic TX-37LZD81
Astra2 Freesat
My Location
Lancashire UK
Just an update on my previous posting. It was not possible to reorientate the existing dish to pick up 28.2 as it was mounted on the side of the house so I had a new dish installed and I'm delighted with the results with my new Panasonic (which I got at a very good price as a new range will be launched in April featuring slimmer frames and 100Hz scanning). The picture is superb.

Another question. My next purchase will probably be a Freesat PVR. The installer said that it would be possible to use the existing dish and loop through from the PVR to the TV. But I've read elsewhere that a dual LNB will be needed i.e. each device needs a feed from the dish. Who is right?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
regen70 said:
Another question. My next purchase will probably be a Freesat PVR. The installer said that it would be possible to use the existing dish and loop through from the PVR to the TV. But I've read elsewhere that a dual LNB will be needed i.e. each device needs a feed from the dish. Who is right?

To take full advantage of a twin sat tuner PVR you require a twin lnb input to avoid being restricted to watching channels with one polarity. With a single lnb only one polarity can be chosen at any one time.