Vintage sound and vision ebay

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Mostly VHS recorders from the late 90s & early 00s, handy for taking the heads out of to make mini 3-phase generators, but, not for much else... :lol:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
One piece of vintage tech I never owned was a reel to reel tape player. A bit bulky though and I don't have much space for it.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
A friend of mine across the pond has a reel-to-reel tape machine, an Akai if I recall, pretty high end machine, but, all the tape he has for it is degrading so badly now that they're only one-shot playback, simply cos they leave most of the ferrous stuff on the heads and not on the tape itself... :(

That's the problem with audio & video tape, it'll eventually just fall apart unless stored absolutely perfectly, some of my Betamax tapes I can't play because of that problem, heck, I've got some VHS tapes that are doing that too, so, best get everything on tape digitised (especially once-in-a-lifetime stuff like home videos and suchlike), otherwise it could be lost forever... o_O