visitscotland

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
I don't know if anyone saw this ad in the break between the 2nd episode of Corrie tonight,but I don't think I've seen anything so cringeworthy in my whole life.An absolute embarassment to Scotland.No wonder we take a slagging with dross like that)(-redAnyone feel the same?(Jocks only please).Any other opinions gladly accepted.:-rofl2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not a full Jock, part blood. :) But No, missed it unfortunately, can it have been that bad?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Last years advert had people surfing (offshore type of course, not sure if they have computers oop north :p).

And of course there was no mention of the indifferent weather.

I would love to take a week out in the summer on one of the bikes, some long road touring with some excursions to the near islands.
Not forgetting the whisky.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I didnt see the add in mentioned, but I've seen some of the others, Same kind of tosh the Irish tourism people try to promote overseas.

I was in Spain recently and seen one of the adds promoting Ireland as a tourist destination, Fishermen in aran jumpers, Misty mountains, brewery's + distilleries, ............ Thatched cottages, the only ones that still exist are for the benifit of the tourists.

Apart from the scenery, which doesn't change, I'd think any un-savy tourists arriving to see what was advertised would be disappointed.

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Yes rolfw,it was bad!Whoever thought it was a good idea to have sir sean connery,who doesn't even live here, try to sing in an advert needs their head looked at.A waste of our hard earned cash.I am sick to the back teeth of the "heather and haggis" snp government up here.The sooner they are evicted the better.:-Nooo:-Nooo:-Nooo

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
I spent a week in the highlands last year.

Lovely place, nice friendly ppl and a plentyful of breweries:)

So I will be back (as soon as my malt is gone:-rofl2)

gsteigwiler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020HD / DM800HD
Dream Elite 4.0
CCcam/Scam/gbox
Motorised 1Metre dish
Sony 40 inch Full HD TV
Vista Network
My Location
East Anglia
Hope I'm not high-jacking a thread but I thought this was below the belt

I didn't see the advert mentioned in the above posts so I can't comment, but I was watching Burnley vs Arsenal last night on Sport.ro and at half time they played an advert twice.

If you google for " red bowler scotch whisky " you will find it as it's on youtube

What were the company's managment thinking of when they authorised this advert especially the last comment
" That's Scotland ".

I bet the Scottish Tourist board didn't like it.

Regards