VU+ Zero WiFi Dongle

A

Archive7

I would like to ask if anyone who has a VU+ Zero receiver, if you have a working WiFi Dongle.
If you have, please let me know the model number, manufacturer and how much does it cost.
The official one from VU+ is too expensive and Amazon doesn't ship it to my country.
Thanks for your help.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Does it matter the speed standard in what your looking to use it for? I bought a Ratlink model, unbranded really for about £5 for my Xtrend 9500 works with the drivers in any of the Vix builds and so I'm guessing would work with any E2 receiver.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Mine mate, went for the proper aerial one rather than the smaller USB Bluetooth adaptor looking ones:

IMG_20161127_063703.jpg

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Thanks. Using the one with aerial is probably a good idea.
Defo, flat band aerials are garbage for range for a start, all the modern provider given broadband routers are non external flat band antenna types, all guff performance wise thru stud walls let alone brick.

A

Archive7

I found a WiFi adapter TP-Link TL-WN722N that I used in the past for testing on my PC and I thought I would give it a try. It comes with a good size antenna.
I have VU+ SOLO SE V2 for testing (the VU+ Zero I am going to order for my sister and it must work on WiFi as no LAN cable is in the vicinity).
Anyway I connected it to one USB inputs, rebooted and would you believe it, it recognized the WiFi dongle.
Set it up as default and it worked perfectly.
I hope a newer TP Link model would work on the VU+ Zero

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Good stuff, that's a bonus there mate.

A

Archive7

I bought TP-Link WiFi Dongle TL-WN822N yesterday
It is 300Mbps and works very well on a PC
Tried it on the VU+ Solo SE V2 and it just doesn't recognize it.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Maybe there's driver support needed and then it will work, have you had a look on the plugins stream on your Vu+?