Waiting to get a bite

N

net1

As online shopping gets into full swing, phishers are setting up fraudulent e-commerce Web sites and simply waiting for victims using Google and other search engines to find them, CNET reports.

Traditionally, phishing scammers have lured their victims to fraudulent Web sites by sending official-looking e-mails that are ostensibly from well-known companies asking people to "verify" their usernames and passwords. Now many are setting up legitimate-looking e-commerce sites that disguise links to malicious software as pictures of goods on sale.

Instead of linking to pictures of the advertised product, the links point to a self-extracting Zip file that installs a Trojan horse on the victim's computer. The program could then steal personal and financial information.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I saw a very believable looking PayPal email one the other week, it made it past spam assassin too.

On a vaguely related note I like the way FireFox makes the address bar of secure pages yellow, makes it much harder to carelessly forget to check if a page is secure.