Want a dual freesat recorder but unsure about cabling

mshaw86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Self built
My Location
UK
Hi there,

I'm eyeing up the Humax dual freesat recorder at the moment but need some clarification. Currently the dish on our house just has a single LNB with a single cable entering the front room, from what I can gather I'm going to need two for the box. Is this just a case of splitting the cable like you would with a normal aerial?

Would something like this work?

200313089490 ebay

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, no, it would not work properly.

Get a quad LNB and run an extra cable.

A quad LNB can be got for less than £10 on ebay. wf100 cable can be bought by the metre also.

mshaw86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Self built
My Location
UK
Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply, the only problem I have is that the dish is mounted at the back of the house, and the cable runs underneath the floors (cement in parts)through the basement to the front room, so doing this is virtually impossible without partialy digging up the dining room floor! I can only presume that the setup was installed by the previous owner part way through overhauling the house. Is there any way of getting a reliable double signal through the single cable/lnb?

Cheers
Mike

mshaw86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Self built
My Location
UK
That looks looks like it'll do the job!

Few more questions (Sorry!)

1.) I believe the dish to be a standard sky dish, if I upgrade the lnb, wire it up with a stacker/destacker in the loft, then plug it in to the existing cabling, will the components (e.g. dish and cabling) be up to scratch?

2.) I have a wallplate in the front room that the receiver feeds from, when we first moved in there was an old pace sky box connected to it and that got a good signal, will a wallplate affect the stacker/destacker?

Cheers in advance
Mike

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It should be fine with the wall plate, but if it causes problems (as many people advise not tu connect via wall plate), simply take the insides out and put the cable through the hole using "F" connectors and female to female barrel connector. Not sure what the through loss is on the stacker, but if the signal drops too much, just upgrade to a zone 2 minidish.:)