Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nice one ghinzani. Well done mate - it takes some folks weeks to get this far!

ltkltkltk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace 2500B sky digibox, zone 1 sky minidish
My Location
Gloucestershire Cotswolds
ghinzani said:
All finally thanks to a friend and his Sat finder I have got on to 19 E and am recieving Analouge signals perfectly. Many thanks for all your help. I have English language Eurosport through the analouge reciever and what appears to be German language Eurosport through the digital receiver. Anyone know where I can get a schedule guide for them both? All I can find is British Eurosport...

_http://www.tvtv.de/tvtv/index.vm?dayId=0&weekId=0&groupid=3&lang=de&epgView=list

German tv guide

Also RTL II has teletext with an epic tv guide on page 300 i think

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
Analoguesat said:
Nice one ghinzani. Well done mate - it takes some folks weeks to get this far!

haha! yep well Ive been a bit busy is my excuse but now Im there - hurray! As Ive only got a single feed currently could I run one of those f-connector splitter things to feed the two boxes to save the cable swapping? Id probably not ever have both running at the same time, dont know if that would cause confusion for the lnb...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ghinzani said:
haha! yep well Ive been a bit busy is my excuse but now Im there - hurray! As Ive only got a single feed currently could I run one of those f-connector splitter things to feed the two boxes to save the cable swapping? Id probably not ever have both running at the same time, dont know if that would cause confusion for the lnb...

You can get A/B switch boxes from places like maplin for about a tenner - you just press the button when you want to change receiver :)

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
I was thinking something cheap like this?

Ebay 330318885630 Not recommended then?

ltkltkltk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace 2500B sky digibox, zone 1 sky minidish
My Location
Gloucestershire Cotswolds
ghinzani said:
I was thinking something cheap like this?

ebay. 330318885630
Not recommended then?

That'll probablly cripple your picture
Also if you leave one box on and use another then you wont be able to change H/V or Band correctly

You risk frying the LNB if this happens

get a Twin LNB and hook up them up seperate or get the switch analogue sat is talking about

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
Thanks - I think I will get a switcher then! Although I would never have the two on at the sametime because they would only be playing through the same TV in my office. Why would it cripple the picture out of curiosity? Poor build quality or the fact the signal passing thru is not regulated?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
That splitter has a DC pass at all ports and the LNB will not switch correctly when more than one receiver is on, even in standby.

You need to look at switches with either a manual control, or powered by a 12v signal, but you really would be better off changing the LNB for a four port item.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
If you want the same channel on two different TVs, just use a splitter from the RF-output from the box, then just run a cable to the other TV and tune it in... :)

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
Channel Hopper said:
That splitter has a DC pass at all ports and the LNB will not switch correctly when more than one receiver is on, even in standby.

You need to look at switches with either a manual control, or powered by a 12v signal, but you really would be better off changing the LNB for a four port item.

Thanks. Yes I think a two or three way splitter would work best then, so I can run Analouge and Digital on one TV over one side of the office, and also have the chance to run an old Sky box over by my desk in the future if my old Nokia Freebox running through a 1978 b&w portable goes bang. Maplins my best place for them?

I do have a spare quad LNB, however the cables run up to the roof and in through the loft where my office is and I dont fancy running any more cables up there myself.

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
2cvbloke said:
If you want the same channel on two different TVs, just use a splitter from the RF-output from the box, then just run a cable to the other TV and tune it in... :)

Yes thats a good solution, Ive got that setup downstairs to get the signal into the conservatory. However for the setup Im after in my loft office I want an analouge and/or digital box running of 19E so I can watch Eurosport at weekends basically.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
ghinzani said:
Thanks. Yes I think a two or three way splitter would work best then, so I can run Analouge and Digital on one TV over one side of the office, and also have the chance to run an old Sky box over by my desk in the future if my old Nokia Freebox running through a 1978 b&w portable goes bang. Maplins my best place for them?

A bit confused by your post.
You are aware that there is a difference between the satellite signals coming down from the dish, and the modulated output from any satellite receiver . They operate on different frequencies, and the type of switching is important to understand.

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
Channel Hopper said:
A bit confused by your post.
You are aware that there is a difference between the satellite signals coming down from the dish, and the modulated output from any satellite receiver . They operate on different frequencies, and the type of switching is important to understand.

I was hoping there would be a 3way switcher that I could use to switch the single feed from Astra 13e between an Analouge receiver, a Digital Goldcrest receiver (both plugged into the same tv) , and then perhaps an old Sky box over on my desk. However all I could see on Ebay was a two way switcher so I guess I am just limited to switching between the Analouge for English language Eurosport or the Goldcrest Digi for Digital channels. Thats basically what I am doing at the moment, however it means unplugging of cable each time, so the switcher I assume would just enable me to do that remotely?

Also heres a quick couple of follow up questions if you dont mind, when I plugged in a couple of old Sky boxes to the feed, although they had strong signals and quality they both said no sat signal was being recieved? Are there none of the Sky channels on 19e??

The other question I have is when I scanned initially with the Goldcrest I forgot to change the sat from 28 to 19 and it picked up some channels anyway, channels which are now not there when I have scanned 19e. That sort of contradicts what I have found with the Sky boxs as mentioned above. If I scan all the other satellites will it add in anything else thats available? Currently on 19e Im getting no Freesat type channels or fringe Sky channels like the God stuff?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
You will never find a single UK sky channel on 19 East nor indeed a freesat channel they are all transmitted from 28.2/5 East.
The fact that you forgot to change the satellite from 28 to 19 when you scanned does not stop the stb receiving what it finds. You have to remember that many satellites use the same frequency SR and FEC on each of the satellites.

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
Thanks , that explains a lot. I had been misinformed that Sky channels were available on 19E then!! Can the old Sky box's be reprogrammed to pick up anything on 19e by doing manually add channels? If not I think I shall have to put up my other dish.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
A sky box is designed to work on 28 East slot and whilst you will pick up some channels on 19 East once you select the correct frequency SR and FEC that is being used on 19 East and manually scan in all channels. The thing is they are designed to only accommodate only 22000-5/6, 27500-2/3 on SD and 29500-3/4 on HD

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
Topper said:
A sky box is designed to work on 28 East slot and whilst you will pick up some channels on 19 East once you select the correct frequency SR and FEC that is being used on 19 East and manually scan in all channels. The thing is they are designed to only accommodate only 22000-5/6, 27500-2/3 on SD and 29500-3/4 on HD

Cushty, Thanks! Ive just found another non-Sky box anyway so have two digi and one analouge for 19e so no need to reprogramme the Sky ones. I also found 5 Sky boxes of various vintages, altho the Sky+ one seems duff. Anyway I think another dish at 28e and a few of those of old Sky boxes dotted around will have to be the next project.