what countrys in the world did not swtich of there analouge satellite signals?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
after swtich off of analouge tv here in europe,in 2012 :(
i enjoy every day watching analouge telvision!

now i want to find out,with this topic,what countrys in the world will not swtich off analouge signal?
in thailand the have still analouge over antenna,some strange standart over mobile phone with antena,not umts and not dvb t,i see on the streets!
what happens with brazil?
espasaly latin amerika countrys,i think mabe will never swtich off

the only way,what analouge enthusiast then have,is moving out to another country:)

or my idea,maybe inposible to realeized it,to convert a digital signal,back to analouge,and generate on a freqency so that the analouge receiver can receive it,maybe posible,but a little bit difficult technical project!
also the say in 2015 the swtich off the fm signal,all across europe.in eu:(
thats very bad,switerland is not affected by this crazy eu law,soi hope i always get signals over the boarder line,other wise i dont know what i should do with my old tube radios,and grundig satelit radios when the swtich off everything:(
mabe then i chancel my hobby forever we will see!

dab and dab+ i never listen got signal from switzerland here in austria we dont have it but the quality is lower then on satelite i would say,you here it very good on classic music over the headphone,the only want to make money,with misarable new products ,web radio i can also not listen,then is the dx factor of a weak signal completly mising,so what we should to,to turning back,the good old days into the now time?
never forget in our remebering thats,all we can do!:)

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
I went to an electronic convention with my father 6 or 7 years ago and there were many 405 line TVs and someone had made a low powered 405 line transmitter and could take standard TV live or from Video and show it on the old tellys, so these guys keep their very early analogue sets going,

Anyway for modern 625 lines no additional equipment is needed, if you connect your Telly to the digibox by scart, component, RF or S video you are already watching a digital feed converted to analogue. Only HDMI and DVI are true digital feeds.

And for radio, simple FM transmitters can be had for 10 euros. They are used in the car to listen to your IPod etc on your car stereo (if your radio doesn´t have a line in), you could easily run this on a 12v feed and transmit the DAB to your analogue radios. I know DAB is not a patch on FM, but at least you can still have your hobby and use your old radios.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
do you got my pm in the meantime,plz send me your mailadress for the pictures!
how much this device whould coasts to convert digital signal into analouge?
my dream would be,make like a modulation transponder,so that every analouge receiver could receive the convertet digital to analouge signal directly,but iam not sure is this posible to realeize it or not?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Turok said:
Hello!
after swtich off of analouge tv here in europe,in 2012 :(
i enjoy every day watching analouge telvision!

now i want to find out,with this topic,what countrys in the world will not swtich off analouge signal?
in thailand the have still analouge over antenna,some strange standart over mobile phone with antena,not umts and not dvb t,i see on the streets!
what happens with brazil?
espasaly latin amerika countrys,i think mabe will never swtich off

the only way,what analouge enthusiast then have,is moving out to another country:)

or my idea,maybe inposible to realeized it,to convert a digital signal,back to analouge,and generate on a freqency so that the analouge receiver can receive it,maybe posible,but a little bit difficult technical project!
also the say in 2015 the swtich off the fm signal,all across europe.in eu:(
thats very bad,switerland is not affected by this crazy eu law,soi hope i always get signals over the boarder line,other wise i dont know what i should do with my old tube radios,and grundig satelit radios when the swtich off everything:(
mabe then i chancel my hobby forever we will see!

dab and dab+ i never listen got signal from switzerland here in austria we dont have it but the quality is lower then on satelite i would say,you here it very good on classic music over the headphone,the only want to make money,with misarable new products ,web radio i can also not listen,then is the dx factor of a weak signal completly mising,so what we should to,to turning back,the good old days into the now time?
never forget in our remebering thats,all we can do!:)

All countries will switch eventually. Analogue is a very inefficient use of scarce broadcasting resources. And remember digital allows a government to make MUCH more money from licences - why get money from 5 tv channel licences when you can get 25 or 30 sets of money from the same spectrum :D

Your hopes of Latin America holding out are already over - much of South America is already well down the path towards the digital future. Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Venezuala and Peru are already planning and Uruguay has started looking at it.

Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica and Cuba are in talks with Brazil about adopting their dtt standards.

Lots on info on the Media Network blogs:

-http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
thats real very bad--
after analouge is swtiched off,i know only one source of signal on 10 east,i look in the past often herbar live tv,same like weight watchers,the transmitted anlouge every tuesday between 4 and 5 pm,if i remember right,but long time ago,never check again long time,this would be then the only signal,for our old treasures...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Turok said:
thats real very bad--
after analouge is swtiched off,i know only one source of signal on 10 east,i look in the past often herbar live tv,same like weight watchers,the transmitted anlouge every tuesday between 4 and 5 pm,if i remember right,but long time ago,never check again long time,this would be then the only signal,for our old treasures...

The last analogue transmission off 10E disappeared years ago!

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Sorry Turok,

I miss understood, I thought you were talking about keeping your analogue TVs going, didn´t realise you wanted to keep your analogue sat recievers going. Blimey, I think you are going to struggle to do that, though I am sure someone somewhere will have a solution.