What I want... (diagram)

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Ok.. I have attatched a diagram of what I want to do with my setup.

As you can see I want to be able to watch: 19e Digital, 19e Analogue or 13e Digital.

I would use the £8 Satcure "38013 A/B manual switch" for the two a/b switches. (http://www.satcure.com/accs/page1b.htm)

I am of course aware of all the stuff about only one box being on at one time because of the polarisation. I would only be watching one thing at one time cos theres only one telly :D

Thanks for any comments/advice etc, :)

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
I think you need another AB switch between B1+B2 to digital rec unless you physically connect each every time.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
Argh..yeah lol. Thanks, Just noticed that :)

Just the cables and switches alone are gonna be about £50 with p&p/VAT :(

Will it work, or is it too complicated?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Far too complex.

Why not get a twin LNB for Astra and a DiseqC switch for the digital receiver for Hotbird and 19.2E, all automatic then.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
dvmedia said:
Argh..yeah lol. Thanks, Just noticed that :)

Just the cables and switches alone are gonna be about £50 with p&p/VAT :(

Will it work, or is it too complicated?

It should work I do something like that between two receivers, with some push in connections as well in between !

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
All those switches could cause losses and possible internal reflections. Get a dual or quad output lnb for 19E, and just run 2 cable runs from the 19E and use one A/B switch to combine the feeds to the digital rx.

Edit: Bah Rolf beah me to it :D Use the disecq switch if you can afford the option.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
two problems:

a) atm..my digital reciever is only a Sky digibox, AFAIK DiseqC aint supported by them

:cool: I really don't have the money..I want cheap solutions, and I don't mind switching manually :-p

I've decided at least at the moment I'll cut out analogue, which means only one A/B switch needed.

Hopefully a new Digital box soon! :D

Thanks for all your help and comments :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would be more inclined to wait a few weeks insead of buying a switch which will be redundant in a short period of time, you can buy a Digital flashable receiver for £80 or even less on ebay and it will not have the limitations of the digibox. You're just buying stuff which will end up in a pile in the corner, I know, I've done it. :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Wait and get a cheap Comag from Lidl some of them can be patched (I think that's what you want).

They were about £60 last year - brand new with three years warranty.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Does anyone know when the next LIDL offer will be round? :)

I have promised myself I WILL get a propper sat box..:D

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
there are sat dishes which take 3 lnbs, wide angle coverage, would that help?

3 way diseqc switches also fairly cheap.

If you settle for just 2 satellites, then just monobloc lnb and one dish, fairly easy.

You can get a diseqc switcher, and add to digibox lnb cable, for limited channels, but it's cheaper and better to get a low cost "non Sky" sat receiver (which gets more channels, and has diseqc built in).