What is the minimum dish size for receiving Amos 2&3

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
AMOS 2&3 MIDDLE EAST KU BAND FIXED BEAM
_http://sfhti.com/upfiles/yhT34268.gif

Hi , ppl I would like to receive Amos 2&3 ( 4 deg. west ) in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia

Please what is the minmum dish size that you would recommend for receiving Amos2&3 in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia .

Actually I tried to receive Amos 2&3 with a fixed sold dish 1.8 m ( 6 ft ) one piece ( Paraclipse Make ) But I could not receive it .

By looking at the Footprint Map shown above , the third contour with 49dBW signal strength which passes over Riyadh City . Then how come I can not receive Amos2&3 satellite with a fixed sold dish 1.8m ( 6 ft ) ?

Any thought you would have be greatly appreciated .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

[Moderation] Unparsed URL

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
49dB suggests a 60-80cm dish should be plenty!

-http://www.flysat.com/dish.php

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
al_madhi said:
By looking at the Footprint Map shown above , the third contour with 49dBW signal strength which passes over Riyadh City . Then how come I can not receive Amos2&3 satellite with a fixed sold dish 1.8m ( 6 ft ) ?

In the same way that a tuner cannot process signals that are too weak below it's threshold, the coverse applies and a tuner cannot process a signal when it is being swamped by that signal. If you really have to use a dish that is many times the required size then you will have to experiment inserting different value in-line attenuators, assuming of course you are pointing at the correct satellite location

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
-http://flysat.com/yes.php for FlySat Yes Packages, I dont know if this helps mahdi. In Jordan I can recieve Amos middleeast coverage with a solid signal with a 1.80m, I think even with a smaller dish I can also recieve good signal. As for Riyadh, I think you might need a 3m and up dish to recieve some amos coverage, thats what I remember reading a while back, but you need to double check my info.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
@ al_madhi it would help enormously if you would be more specific in what you want to receive as these sats have ME beams and European beams, what channels do you want to receive?