What's the best single universal LNB for a Sky Digital dish

blackninja

Reaction score
in your opinions?

The Cambridge LNB seems pretty knackered. Think some of the recent rain may have seeped through the cracks on it. Got my eye on a Raven (my dish is Raven) or Skyware LNB as a replacement. Can anyone advise me which generally gives the better signal strength?

I think I'm right in thinking the two LNBs metioned above are both 0.6db ones. Can't seem to find a 0.3db LNB that will fit a typical Sky minidish (got both a zone 1 and zone 2 dish). Are there any?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have found that some LNB and dish combinations work better than others, but must confess that I've never taken too much note of which are best, I guess because the installer doesn't get too much choice as to what is issued. I do seem to remember that the new Thomson dish and LNb gives a better signal strength.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive heard good about the Skyware, some apparently drift after a couple of months

Some dishes do have a particular clamp that only accepts a certain type of LNB.

But, as Rolf says, its about the dish compatibility, one LNB may not work with a particular dish owing to the focal point and the illumination

blackninja

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ordered a Raven LNB from Ebay on Wednesday - thought it would be best as my dish is Raven.
Still waiting mind - knowing my luck TPS and Spice'll be gone by the time I get it! (making pointless the purchase of my new MRev)